Default Stereo build finally.

I know like a few others i've talked about upgrading stereo and other boat stuff but for one reason or another the last couple seasons. A couple years ago i replaced my head unit and 6 inboard speakers and had plans to continue adding a sub and Amp/Amps.

The other day i was able to get parts ordered to fix/replace a mangled trailer fender and tire rim combo,now waiting on there arrival. Today i was able to get a good deal on a clearout Sub box combo from Kicker.
    I've researched many parts , brands as to what i want and i don't need a Hard core sub so this should work fine and simplicity was a key part of this choice,now to pick up an Amp and wiring hardware and a friend has offered up a warm heated shop to store and work on my boat repairs and install,so Finally i can get my boat up to the point i really want.

I still need to get my battery checked and likely pick up a second battery to add to my system as well,but for once i seem to be finally getting closer to Stereo reality.
    07 Outback DD

Nice! Have fun with it!
    2013 Outback V

The warm heated shop will be the key to this install. Last time I was up in Calgary, every single truck I saw had block heaters. Wow cold. If you need any help with the final tuning, let me know. I'd be happy to help ya. Doenst matter the brand gear. Have fun and take your time doing the wiring with the batteries etc.

-Brian
    Exile

Pics of the progress always helps us while lingering around here each day until the warm weather shows up

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

As for trucks with block heaters ,thats the ONLY way they sell vehicles up here.And as soon as i get some parts piled up i will ,get more motivated and get going. hopefully with pics.
    07 Outback DD

Yeah finally got a pile of parts and decent weather to actually start fixing and upgrading.

Trailer parts ended up being a true nightmare as 1/2 my order got missed then paperwork and Duty issues etc held parts up on the second half. Then UPS seems to have gotten lost 3 days in a row trying to figure out my address. None the less, i finally have a pile of parts and better yet ,i've been shopping and trading and bartering my way to another pile of parts to upgrade and or finish my stereo ,for this season anyways..... My wife does not read this so i should be ok.Haha

As a couple people mentioned picking up the sealed box from Kicker,with sub and i picked up an Alpine 5 channel digital amp(at cost,no less)and a second battery and isolator / smart selenoid,battery box ,now just ,gotta get the boat opened up,cleaned and aired out and start getting it back together.

I have to make mention as well, Thanks to boatmate ,on a little free swag for there ordering mixup,now UPS,what you got?Boatmate appologized and corrected the issues as promptly as they could and i greatly appreciate that.

Looking forward to tomorrow and getting out in the sunshine and spending a little time in my HAPPY PLACE,even if its still gonna be a couple weeks till boating,definetely beats 6'' of snow.
    07 Outback DD

Well i started with a pile of parts etc and now the boat is slowly taking shape to the point that now i can take it to a local shop to complete the stereo and battery install.
    I was gonna take it to a buddy's shop and tinker on it there,but my buddy just picked up a used X1 MC that he's now in the midst of cleaning and servicing and upgrading as well.

I've done a ton of shopping and trading ,work favours etc so i now have a fair deal worked out to get the rest completed so WHY NOT?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    07 Outback DD

Finally the boat is back and stereo is complete. Sounds awesome. Ended trading some work and a small amount of cash for the stereo and battery install so decided to let the PRO's do it.
    This has been quite the adventure, mostly with weather not cooperating.. My boat was complete last wednesday but do to obligations i was gonna pick it up Sat Am and bring it home to finally Dewinterize and clean,wash wax etc... Low and behold SNOW AGAIN. 2'' but by evening Gone again. Shop closed Sunday= Nice day. Today left work early and got boat home+++++ opened her up and demoed the new stereo and let the NEIGHBORHOOD hear it.

Now to get to the other stuff so hopefully one of these weekends i can dig the DRYSUIT out and go skiing.
    I must add Autotemp South branch did a Very nice neat job and i'm more than happy.. Gotta get some pics to show and tell my story.
    07 Outback DD

Finally pics of the stereo upgrade,and install.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    07 Outback DD

How do you like that SKM10?
    Jeff

2012 Outback V