Default Cigars: any BOTL's or SOTL's out there? Let's chat cigars!

The credit for the idea of this thread all goes to Brian from Exile.

Cigars are a passion of mine, just like wakeboarding and many other hobbies that are not cheap to say the least. There is just something about cigars though, the comraderie it brings when lighting up with some friends or even strangers you just met who enjoy a good cigar just as much as you. And there are of course varying degrees of smokers. I am the type that will smoke about 5-7 sticks a week on average (mostly weekends unless I find time after work on a weeknight), and that usually happens more in the March-November timeframe as I don't have anywhere to smoke outside in the winter months. If I do it is most likely at a get together with friends. I am fortunate enough to have an awesome wakeboarding crew who all enjoy smoking cigars. There's about 6 of us men, and even some of the wive's and significant others smoke too. My wife even like smoking a good cigar, she mostly sticks to Tatiana and other flavored, smaller sticks in general but she's known to put down a nice robusto before.

So, let's talk about cigars. There has to be others out there that enjoy it whether it be every once in a while on the golf course or daily or a few weekly like me. Also if you like a particular region or country's blend (Nicaragua, Dominican, etc) let us know.

Share what your top 5 sticks are or your go-to's, what vitola/blend/maker you enjoy the most, and any other info/knowledge you'd like to share. (this is not exclusive of cubans, this discussion can be around cuban or non-cuban. I mostly smoke NC's) Lastly, where do you get your sticks? Are you mostly going to b-n-m's (brick-n-mortar) or online retailers? Share the website info if you get deals online.

I'll start.

Top 5 sticks (these are all NC's because I only have experience with a few cuban brands):
    • Olivia V (maduro and natural)
    • CAO Anniversary Maduro
    • Rocky Patel Vintage 1992
    • Padron Anniversario 1926 & 1964
    • AF 858 Maduro

I smoke robusto, belicoso, and coronas mostly; and 55 RG (ring gauge) typically.

I purchase mostly all of my cigars from cigarsinternational.com, fantastic online retailer with a great selection and killer prices (they pay the cigar tax for you). I also purchase from JR's as well.

cigarasylum.com is a great forum to join for those who love cigars or just want to learn more. Tons of great info, great people, and lots of cigar pictures.

well I could go on and on, but I gotta run out. wife is waiting on me. So come one and talk cigars!

If you want, post a pic of your humidor too.

c-n-s

I don't smoke no cigars but this might be a cool thread to follow. It kind of belongs in the off topic section but I'm sure the mods will move it when there done exchanging transmissions or putting the boats up for the day
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Yeah I guess no one else smokes cigars. Good point, if it doesn't belong here then please move, sorry about that.

Sent with my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typos.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

I was hoping to learn some stuff but it appears there aren't many smokers out there.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

There is one out there, but she doesn't prefer cigars.

I have one every now and then but don't know enough about what's what to provide any useful info.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

never had one myself
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Man I was hopeful this would be a good OT but dayyuum, guess not.

Well if anyone wants any info or suggestions feel free to ask me.

Sent with my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typos.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

It was a good idea for a post... we're just all nerds
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Illusione Epernay Le Taureau is a good mild cigar imo. Had a chocolate taste to it. Was given it recently by a client and my novice senses were impressed.

Not a cigar expert by any means, but I will enjoy one every now and again.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden