Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Water draining...

So the Outback spends most of its life on the lift, and I'm not sure it would be any different on a trailer, except I would gas it out. Seems like a lot of water comes out of the intake on the lift when I pull it out. Like it just drains water (gallons and gallons) for like 3 minutes when its on the lift right after use. Is this normal? Is it because I don't run it at all on the lift (out of the water). Any clues?
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

I always get a ton of water draining when i pull my boat. When you winterize your boat and unhook the hoses from the water pump do you get a lot of water that comes out of the hoses
    Last edited by lsvboombox; 03-16-2012 at 10:58 PM.

sounds normal to me. There's alot of water in the manifolds, exhaust baffles, and pipes after shutdown. Mine drains for quite awhile while at the ramp parking lot wiping her down. Depends on the slope of the ramp, the steep ones help speed up the process

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Good to know its normal. Feel a little better now.

I find that the bilge will hold a good amount of water before the pump kicks on, after a weekend on the water for us when we pull the boat out and pull the bilge plug out and park on a hill it drain a good bit. not a fan of how the water will not get to the bilge plug without being a steep hill
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Yeah, I'm going to have to check my ballast too.. we run the bilge and put it on the lift, and there is a lot of water in the boat that comes out of the bilge also.. We only put 1 hour on the motor today and had quite a stream for quite some time on the bilge.

usa - I want a lot of water in the cooling system and have never paid attention to how much of it drains out through the exhaust when I pull her out on a trailer or lift. My focus is on the bilge and making sure it's dry. At the end of a day on the water I pull the drain plug (located at the low point of the bilge on my '07 Outback). Takes a few seconds for any water to drain (as long as I didn't take a wave over the bow). I'd be concerned if there was a significant amount of water in the bilge. If you were out for one hour and it took a long time for the bilge to empty, then I'd suggest checking all fittings and hose clamps. Doesn't sound right to me. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

mine fills up just from wet people climbing in and out all day, however this does not sound like the case in an hour long test run
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

agree with deerfield on the outback. I hardly ever get much water in the bilge area. Never kicks on the pump (unless i forget to put the drain plug in before launch). Usually all day outings and when pulling plug for the day within 30 seconds any water is mostly out. I'd say the majority of it is from Ice Melt from the in-floor cooler. WE use that alot.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I dont know where the water is coming from... I've had this problem before, and it was with the ballast. but I removed the strainer and solonoid, so thats not leaking there at least. I checked the ballast today, and no issues that I could see... Also, it doent feel like my auto bilge is working.. I know those float switches get stuck too, so that may be it. Do I have a dripless seal? I know its only spussed to drip a drop every min or so, but if it was leaking bad, that could be it. I'd have to pull the floor up to see... Im kind of interesed in re-allining the coupling anyway though so...