Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    Mike- I am not a touring bike guy normally, but holy cow! That is SHARP! I am definitely in the "love it" crowd.

AWESOME!

Are HD's still all aircooled? (besides the V-Rod) I thought I saw a radiator on your Victory. My father and Uncle both have HD's and they get hotter than heck when riding. What made you go with the Victory over the HD? Were you looking at the Electra Glide?
    pretty sure the V-rod is still the only liquid cooled HD.

One thing about cruisers is you cannot beat the looks of an air cooled engine, once you put a radiator on a bike without fairings it just ruins it for me. my dad has a yamaha raider S air cooled and it is a sweet looking bike, yamaha makes another bike slightly smaller motor and liquid cooled and it looks like a tard, driveability is improved around town and in traffic though but man do the air cooled motors look slick!

that victory really pulls of the radiator well since it has fairings on it all over, slick looking bike but my dream bike is still a HD fat boy
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Yeah I tend to agree. If I bought a bike, I tend to like the old school designs. You know those old "care racers"? Those are very cool, but not very fun to ride.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

OK first and formost, i dont want this to turn into a Victory vs HD like when you get Exile and WS in the same threads lol.

If you want a more classic style bike the Victory Cross Roads, or Cross Country might be more your style.
    http://www.thecarolinarider.com/revi...x.php?id=10&p=
    http://www.motorcycletrader.co.nz/Vi...oads/1274.aspx

This is strictly the reasons why i choose a Victory over a HD.
    The Vic is air and oil cooled hince the radiator.

I like the stlying of a HD but its a classical bagger style and i wanted a more up to date look and comming from a Street bike in my past i like the full fairing look.
    All the creature features are comparable depending on what modles you look at in the HD line.

I went by reviews done by http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/6/Moto...e-Reviews.aspx
    In most of those reviews Victory always won out in power, smoothness, and handling. All important items to me.
    In the real department is Maintenance and reliablity.

Check out these 2 videos, it explains it all for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGkFPUeNUqc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KueK_...eature=related

Yes this is a Victory dealer video but the facts are the facts about the engine and trans.
    Basically this is whats making Victory very low maintenance and thats what i wanted in a bike.
    Last edited by mmandley; 03-18-2012 at 06:58 AM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Heard nothing but good things about Victory. Despite Dad having a Harley (That he is not even allowed to crank up in his neighborhood on Hilton Head SC by the way) I have never really been a Harley kinda guy or even a touring bike guy. But Mike, that Victory is SHARP. I used to sell Kawasaki and Yamaha dirtbikes, ATVs, and street bikes while I was in school so I used to be very into the sport. I had never came across a touring bike that I liked.

Coming from street bikes how are you liking the weight? Did you get a chance to ride it a few times?

Also, I should clarify what I mean by old style. Here is a customized version of one of those old cafe racers and then a newer version that I like.

-Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

our harley dealer here is horrid when it comes to maintenance. good service at the sale, but 4-5weeks is pretty standard for any repair/service.
    lots of independent service shops here for that reason. dealership is owned by son of some car family on the oregon coast. it's more of a hobby for him

victory has a solid rep here and a good dealer. see a lot of them running around for that reason.

take a trip over here mike and I'll run ya up the loop. 1/2 day and very nice scenery and great twisties. it's full of all kinds of bikes every weekend and lots of local grub...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

@waterbulldawg, nope havnt had to much time to ride it as i just got it homes yesterday, i got the insurance for it of course but the titling is a little weird, its some paperless title and it will take a week to get it and then get the plates changed to OR and in my name. I prolly wont ride it to much till next weekend, i wan to really go threw it and check, lube, service it and then take it to the Salem dealer let them go over it and make sure the computer is up to date.

I did ride it around the lot yesterday before i trailered it, its a bit heavy on the line standing still, it does have a really low center of gravity but you dont want to reach down and pick up a coin on the ground LOL

Once i got rolling i was only doing about 10mph and it was real stable and went right around the corner just fine. I was luggin the bike at 1500 RPMs so throttle responce was sluggish, these engines like 1700+ but i was going around blind corners and didnt want a surprise lol. After i did a lap and saw no other cars i got on it a little more and its nice and peppy, but couldnt do anything fast because the gear shift and brake levelers were adjusted for a man blessed with hieght LOL. I need to adjust them back to my leg length lol.

Sandm that sounds like a great idea, you would prolly smoke me threw twisties at this point but give me a few months to really get back in the saddle and ill be up for it.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Haha, didnt mean to make an HD vs Vic thead. I thought your bike looked really sharp and I actually went to victory website to check them out. i was looking at the 8 ball but it looks like speedo gauge on them was an afterthought with where they placed it. that and cooler on front are my only complaints
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Haha, didnt mean to make an HD vs Vic thead. I thought your bike looked really sharp and I actually went to victory website to check them out. i was looking at the 8 ball but it looks like speedo gauge on them was an afterthought with where they placed it. that and cooler on front are my only complaints
    No you didnt bro, i just wanted to throw that out because everyone is passient about there things and i was just wanting to point out i was also only posting the reasons why i choose what i did and not to start a debate eigher. Yes I agree on the 8 Ball as well as the Cross Roads i really couldnt get past the Speedo. Even if you add the optional seperate Tach i just cant warm up to the placement. I do like the Cross Country Tour a lot, but the 2 big things i couldnt get past is the fork mounted fairing as this makes it feel a bit heavier in corners and the windshield is solid mounted. I really like the adjustability of the Vision due to being able to ride with it up or down depending on my mood and weather.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Congrats. Sweet bike!!!
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

After 5 long months of waiting and delays i finally got my Arlen Ness windshield for the bike. Man she looks sweet. Its got a lip on the top of the shield that kicks the air up a couple more inches so it protects more of you but isnt as tall.

Before.

[COLOR="#696969"]