Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by santi View Post
    with food and beer whem it occurred the fault.
    There it is!

Must've been some bad beer on the boat and you upset the Gods!

Santi, What is the Year and Model of the boat?

So this has been happening on and off for a couple of years then?

One member had this issue, it was intermittent for him as well and he said fixed it. He said he found some
    wires on back of engine rubbed through the insulation and were shorting on engine near the control module.

He had a 05 LS so when he says back of engine that would be the front in a V drive configuration. Look around the engine and see if there are any wires that worn through the insulation and could be shorting.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

It's a beautiful 2008 outback with a 5.7 assault motor in one of the bests spots in the sunny Spain.

Tranny level ok. Oil level ok. All the mantainence done. All the wires checked. Tranny oil cooler checked, no debris. Fuel pump and filter new. No water in tank. Gas filter new. All senders seem to be ok. Is there any way to check them with no ODB reader?

Well it seems we have exhausted all the typical suspects. Is there no way to get the boat to a auto parts store that has an ODB reader you can use? Say the Spanish version of AutoZone?
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Maybe try unplugging the Moomba Cruse from the ECU and see if that helps.

PWI as usual...

Not ODB II readable. These are MEFI controlled (marine electronic fuel injection version V ). You need a special Indmar connector and software which you can get from Rinda technologies. Soon I'm going to get one of these. They are around 5-600.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Techno impaired as in Wakeboardn cap o world on vac w family. Sounds like prob is intermittant but your ecm is getting info from a sensor or lack of info that sends it into limp mode. Could be a bad ground or connection that hits once things heat up or a bad sensor prob the former I would check all the wires from the temp sensors and get a schematic from Indmar. Also get a Mefi reader as looks like your on your own over there. I have not seen the you tube vid as I am on my phone. Just my .02
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    Not ODB II readable. These are MEFI controlled (marine electronic fuel injection version V ). You need a special Indmar connector and software which you can get from Rinda technologies. Soon I'm going to get one of these. They are around 5-600.
    holy jumping jelly beans batman!
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    I'm assuming, among other things, this equipment reads an on board computer which actually monitors the sensors and retains the readings in memory. Think I'm on the right track here. If it's a sensor or wiring issue, couldn't one use a volt ohm meter to take the readings? A little more time consuming and more legwork required (looking up sensor specifications).

A cheap mans troubleshooting tool but it might help the guy out in Spain. I don't suspect anyone there would have this equipment and software. Even if he orders it, could take a while to get there.
    past---------------2003 Outback SOLD
    present------------2006 Supra Launch 21V

Ron