Thread: Carpet Issues

Default Carpet Issues

So, looking on the site, looks like carpet is not a covered warranty item. I'm just not impressed with my carpet in my 08 outback.. I bought it as a dealer leftover in 2010, with 16 hours on the clock. Anyone else having carpet issues? My carpet is just very flat and mashed looking, and is starting to come out in clumps here and there.
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

I thought the same thing. Here's what I did. http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787634

A direct drive would be just as doable.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by usaski1 View Post
    So, looking on the site, looks like carpet is not a covered warranty item. I'm just not impressed with my carpet in my 08 outback.. I bought it as a dealer leftover in 2010, with 16 hours on the clock. Anyone else having carpet issues? My carpet is just very flat and mashed looking, and is starting to come out in clumps here and there.
    Everybody has carpet issues, it's just the nature of the beast and happens in every boat, every manufacturer. Unless your prepared to replace carpet or do away with it, it's something you kave to live with. There are much better capets out there than what comes stock but eventually all do it. I solved the problem by using a carpet saver from Matworks made with berber capet. Still gets dirty but i just pull it and shampoo on the driveway and it looks new again. But for $400 that's not an option for everyone either. You can do what Newty did or replace the whole mess with Seadek, which personally I think is the way to go.
    2007 Mobius LSV

yeah - welcome to the club!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Indeed, my carpet also sucks.
    2013 Outback V

Find it odd these boats use carpet, I've got hydro-turff in my current boat...

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Find it odd these boats use carpet, I've got hydro-turff in my current boat...
    And what current boat would that be?
    2007 Mobius LSV

Glad to see I'm not alone in my carpet woes... maybe someday I'll put hydoturf on it...
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

Currently have a seadoo challenger 1800, but upgrading to 2002 lsv, guess I'll have to update my cleaning procedures, no more power washing...

i think seadek would be a good option from the factory but the snap in carpet is a step in the right direction
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD