Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matress Buying

What ever Salvation Army or Good Will has at the time. Best prices around. Some of them don't even have stains or smell too bad!

PWI as usual...

I'd like to try a sleep number bed. I think my number would be 69
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I'd like to try a sleep number bed. I think my number would be 69

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Uuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I've spoke with quite a few people with sleep number beds, and most if not all wish they hadn't bought them. They're just a big air matress. I've not liked the ones I've slept on at all (Ronald McDonald House).

We just bought a Sealy, pretty firm due to my back though. It is breaking in now and getting very comfy. We bought it from a store that ony sells matresses, and has been doing so for like 30 or 40 years now. They quite carrying Simmons because they quality sucked so bad (so they said). After going to a couple stores though, the Simmons really don't feel as nice as the Sealy's. The Sealy we just retired was about 13-15 years old. Was starting to sag in the middle, maybe 2".

I wanted to buy a Temperpedic SSOO bad, but just couldn't afford it, at twice the price. Same store, the guy warned not to buy a cheap memory foam matress, as they don't hold up as well and will hold heat worse. 1 thing to keep in mind with the memory foam matresses too, they tend to smell a little longer than a regualr matress, due to all the flame retardant chemicals they soak them in...
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

so for those with memory foam...

if you fall asleep on your stomach and wake up in the am with morning wood....

just thinking out loud..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

LMFAO!!! No hiding it!

I had a sleep number bed... HATED IT. You either felt like you were sleeping on a bubble or sinking too far into it.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Sorry to confuse, we bought our last matress for $1400. So that is the "credit" that we have at the store. Now I think that is how much any nice matress should cost, but it is not my price limit.

Our Simmons is a Super Plush Soft matress because that is what the wife wanted and I can sleep on just about anything. I'm sure we just got a bad matress, so I don't rule out Simmons. We are probably going to get a Sealy iComfort memory foam bed. Unfortunately, the buyers remorse warranty is a 30-120 day that is only through the builder and not RTG. So, Sealy (and Therapudic) state that you must sleep on it for a minimun of 30 days up to 120 days and they will refund if you aren't happy. However, you (the buyer) must pay for shipping (since RTG is not involved in this process).

I have researched online, but was hoping that many of you had bought a memory foam matress and either loved it or hated it, to aid in my decision. Thanks for the info so far, nothing like making a $2600 mistake.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I meant Serta, not Sealy.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

We have a Sleep Number bed...wife loves it, too soft for me even at highest setting. It doesn't feel like we are on an air mattress or anything like that, just too soft.
    2008 Outback V