Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matress Buying

Default Matress Buying

So, our old matress was 11 yrs old and was still pretty comfortable. However, it was time for a new one. We shopped around a little and bought a Simmons spring matress in Super Plush in Sep. After a few days, we noticed a small amount of body depressions, these got worse every week. I weigh in at 160 and my wife less, so we aren't stress testing mattress springs daily. After only a few months, the bed was/is terrible. Called Rooms to Go and they sent a tech out, it has over 2" depressions where we sleep. Simmons contacted us and they are covering it under warranty.

So, we can get anything at RTG as a store credit and pay for any mattress over that price ($1400). So we a looking a memory foam beds. Does anyone have any experience with these type beds? We are now gun shy on getting another POS mattress. We are happy and surprised that Simmons is replacing it without a hassle. RTG doesn't carry sleep number beds, so that isn't an option.
    Thanks.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

my wife and I just went through the mattress buying process and I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with simmons cause that's what we ended up with- happy so far but we're only 2 months out. Ours is firm underneath with a memory foam topper. I've talked to lots of people who love the entirely memory foam mattress but the only thing for me is that they can make it a little hard to roll over and I thought that would bug the snot out of me. We spent about an hour in a sleep number store and weren't that impressed- they seemed kind of like glorified air mattress.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

We have had a sterns and foster, latex core and it is one of the best investments we made. But I think it is a bit above the price point, think we paid around 2600 for a king.
    2019 Moomba Makai
    2015 Moomba Mojo(sold)
    2011 Axis A22
    2006 Honda arx1200
    2006 Moomba Lsv
    2008 Moomba XLV gravity edition

I think ours is a Sealy but we got it fited to my back because i have so many problems, they made me lay down and did these pressure point tests on it. That mad ea huge difference.

We also use a 3insh memory foam top pad on it to make it even more comfortable.

As for full memory foam beds, my grandparents have 2 in the basement guest room. There nice in the fact they keep you warm because the foam holds in heat. They suck after sleeping 6ish hours as once they fully form to your boddy, it me is just felt hard. I never sleep good at her house. Its ok for a couple days and if im exhausted i will sleep all night but nothing is like my own bed.

A lot of places have 30 day trails, i would really try to see if you can get that deal to really test the bed out.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

We have a relatively low priced - new - full sized bed we bought for the guest room at the lake.. Does not get a lot of use. But my son complained about it last time they used it so I picked up a 2 inch memory topper. I tried that this weekend and slept like a rock. Never felt the springs. The thing I have heard on full depth memory foam is that you end up sinking in too much and rolling over is like rolling out of a pit. I found that 2 inch is a good depth - in fact I am gonig to get a new 2 inch topper for the conventional King size we have here at the house.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

I've heard the topper if fantastic too. Never tried one though. I usually sleep hanging upside down anyway.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

We have a Tempurpedic and it really is the best mattress I have ever slept on but unfortunately not in the $1400 price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

We have a Serta with a pillow top I believe, and within about 5 months there were body indentions. Now there is a crater in the middle. We bought a 3" Memory foam topper on black friday. The memory foam is def. a VERY nice improvement, and at first it kinda eliminated the lumps, but now it has kinda taken to the shape of the mattress. I would agree, rolling over is difficult with the 3".

We need to be looking into something new. I'm thinking with the topper we may be able to go with a less expensive, yet more firm mattress. I know one thing, I will never own another pillow top.

Iuno.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Somewhere there's a joke about getting mattress advice from Dusty's mom-- can't think of it right now though.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have arthritis bad in my lower back so I really need a good matress. We use Sealy and have never had an issue. That said the wife like's 'em soft. We bought a Sealy pillow top and after about a month neither of us could stand it, way too soft. Returned it and got a different matress, way to hard. Sound familiar?

Anyway she found these 3-4" memory foam toppers at Costco so she bought one, ahh just right! BUT they can be a bitch to move on because as said they conform to your body so in essence your in a pocket so when you move around at night whatever your wearing gets all twisted around you, especially if you have winter flannel sheets on the bed

Overall it's worth it though. Put one on the guest bed and everyone says how comfortable it is, that's assuming you can get the dogs off it it to sleep in the bed.
    2007 Mobius LSV