Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new board racks

Default new board racks

This has probably been covered but i could not find it . So here it goes i have the 99 mobius and i am in need of new board racks and i am haveing a hard time finding ones that fit the oval tube on my tower, so any suggestions on name brands would help. thanks
    1999 mobius

Have you tried ebay? There's usually a seller on there that has the OEM style racks at a very reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Have you tried ebay? There's usually a seller on there that has the OEM style racks at a very reasonable price.
    yeeeeep. Just under 100 bones:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moomba-Four-...item2c6328fb6d

better deal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fixed-Rigid-...item3f1409644e
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 03-04-2012 at 04:30 PM.

I've got the ones from LIP, seem to be holding up well.
    2002 Outback LSV

You also have the option to add a complete rack with base plate instead of just the forks. Here is a picture of the clamp..oval clamp 2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by riderite; 03-05-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vandy654 View Post
    I've got the ones from LIP, seem to be holding up well.
    ^^^ I use the LIP ones myself. I have the Roswell swivel racks attached to the mid cross bar and the LIP forks to the lower crossbar
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Have you guys seen any of the fixed type for the oval tube that are a surf/wakeboard combo? I'm thinking of trading up my Bullet Lines combo racks for something else. I'd prefer to go with the oval tube style instead of clamp style.
    Last edited by bergermaister; 03-05-2012 at 02:10 PM.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

The base I posted above comes standard with vinyl combo forks & can be swapped out to polished combo forks also.. Available with the 1 7/8" oval clamp also..

Riderite I have a set of factory racks on my 02 that I cannot keep the rubber inserts in. I cannot keep the rubber in to save my butt. I was wondering what the coating was on those racks? I have access to a waterjet and I am thinking of making my own racks I just haven't found a good coating yet.

Thanks
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    Riderite I have a set of factory racks on my 02 that I cannot keep the rubber inserts in. I cannot keep the rubber in to save my butt. I was wondering what the coating was on those racks? I have access to a waterjet and I am thinking of making my own racks I just haven't found a good coating yet.

Thanks
    It is a vinyl dip that we worked for a couple years on to get it perfect. It holds up very well in the elements with no fading, peeling, or cracking. If you are gonna make your own rack feel free to give me a call and I will set you up with forks for them, that way you will not have to go through the trial and error and end up spening a ton of money.. Let me know if there is anything I can do..