Thread: Help

Default Help

I'm looking to install the 3some set up from Wet Sound onto my 2011 Moomba Mobius LSV V2 tower, my question is can this be done ? My installer said that there might be a chance the wires will not feed through and I will be left with s hole in my tower.

There has to be a way check out all the electronics on the xlv. I would take it to the dealer I'm sure they would run the speaker wire for you.

-2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

I did, they told me they never seen it done and it would be a royal pain to do and chance they will not be able to feed the wires.

The V2 is the old Malibu Illusion tower. Look for some older pic of a 'bu with a 3some setup.

Or, email David @ Earmark Marine. I bet he will be able to help.

Obviously there's a way to feed the wires since that xlv has all the electronics on the tower you just need to find someone willing to take the time to do it. Where are you located?
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

I think the V2 is pre drilled to mount cans on the sides, just as in the pic. I don't think you can or would want to mount a 3some like that. They may be right about trying to get something to mount from the center section like where you see t3somes mounted on the tube style towers.

Where are you looking to mount the 485? There will be no issue mounting the 80's to the stock locations if you have the X mount 80's. The composite portion of the tube is hollow. The tube x-bar is hollow to the left and to the right of the tow point, but may not pass through to the main section depending on what gen tower that is. If its a later gen, like what Bu called the XS, you will need to pop out of the tube and into the main section with a service loop.

If you HAVE to use an external service loop on the crossbar this can be done in a clean fashion with a little matching flexloom, heatshrink and chassis grommets. With a 3-Some on the tower only you and your tech will notice.
    Just stay at least 1.25" away from the joint. One hole in the correct location is okay. Two holes is swiss cheese.
    Technicians aren't earning their pay if you don't allow them to drill a hole here and there.

David
    Earmark Marine

david is 100% correct. take a look at our site on the malibu gallery and you can see all sorts of set ups on the Illusion tower. All you have to do is like pointed out a small jumper from the cast over to the center pipe. If the installer gets stuck, he can give us a call and talk with Gyver or Simon and they can help him out

Tim
    Wet Sounds