Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wake Problems

Default Replying to Topic 'Wake Problems'

The problem with the wake is more than likely the middle ballast not staying full. Check all hoses and fittings, fill it up. If you check it about 10 minutes later and it's not as full, then there is a bad hose connection more than likely and you're losing water. Having too much weight in the back will cause the wake to be soft, mushy and curl way early.

Regarding the wake, what speed are you going? With a boat with that much load I think you will need to go a little faster . Also I find that sometimes the ballast bags need to be burped of air. For the amp issue I would take it to the dealer. I am considering moving up to the XLV next year so I am interested in hearing how this works out.
    Seeking Flatwater

I find that going 20 mph on my XLV produces a much better wake than even going 18.

Doug

When i got to the campground friday, i had my friends look at my amp. (i know NOTHING about stereo's) and they seen the side of the amp for the sub was bridged. They unbridged it, turned up the gain, and problem solved. 15 hours of use, and it never turned off once. As for the wake, We board anywhere from 21.5-22.5 mph. And we got the wake fixed my letting all of the water out of the rear bags. We had 11 people with, and tried everything. Then someone suggested that, and it worked. No matter were people sat, it always stayed big and clean, if the rear bags were dry. I have no idea why, but it worked.

with people sitting in the rear of a xlv try filling just the front bag. we have the xlv with the gg ballast system and with three or more persons filling just the front bag makes a nice sculptured wake. as for your amp its bad. I have two amps, one for the six speakers and one for the sub. it sounds fine, but neither one is a kenwood amp. the amp could have a bad ground or the speakers could be out of phase.
    a mistake that alot of wakeboard boat owners make is that they think they need all the ballasts filled to capicty. also check to see if your bilge has alot of water in it. keep trying and rock on.