Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

oh yeah, had TONS of those moments on dirtbikes, but know that they're mostly "this is going to hurt" oh crap moments, not life threatening Lol. had one right before injuring myself on mine last year, flying through the air with no bike under me. Lol.
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Wow man, nice recovery and way to keep your cool man, did you find out why the tire blew? Bad tire? Hit something and complete failure? Dryrot?
    Nah, I guess it was just my turn. I ride to much for a tire to dryrot. I typically hit about 1500 miles per month on the Harley, which has me going thru tires and oil changes like nobody's business!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

People tell their kids, "Before you cross look to see if there are any cars coming." Then when teaching them to drive, "Check your mirror to see if there are any cars in your way before you change lanes." They just don't see a bike because they aren't looking for it. No traffic riding for me. Only offroad.

Glad you're OK. That's a scary thing for you and the family.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I've never owned a cruiser...only sportbikes and actually still have my GSXR with 79k miles on it. I did not know that cruisers had actual tubes in the tire, just assumed they were all running tubeless tires now. Glad you rode out that emergency situation. Had a couple sketchy moments on the street but my only crashes on motorcycles were back in my roadracing days on closed circuit tracks. Had two crashes, one at 90mph and second around 105mph. Walked away from both fortunately. A guy locally was killed in a motorcycle accident recently due to hitting road debris and lost control. I saw the outline of his body on the highway which is also the entrance to my friend's private driveway. Sucks I have to see that body outline everytime I visit my buddy until that paint fades.

Glad your OK Dusty. You sound like a very experience rider, had it not been for your time riding we might be reading to a diffrent tune. My last job assignment before being promoted was as an accident investigator/motor officer. I've been riding sport bikes my whole adult life so thought I was well prepared to "enforce traffic" on a HD. Well i was hit twice, no serious injuries, and saw my best friend get hit by a truck pulling a trailer going about 65 mph on his motor. He lived thank god but sustained some serious injuries. Needless to say I'm glad I don't ride at work anymore. I don't ride recreational any longer either as the wife demanded only one toy at a time, so the bike went when the boat payment came.

Again, glad to hear your ok Dusty. I've seen to many fatalities/serious injuries to last me, and everyone on the forum, a life time.
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    COOL TRICK!!! Do it again! Lol

Ouch, I'm sure that left a mark.

PWI as usual...

Here is Debbies current status. The front counter shaft bolt worked loose. hopefully I can get it done by Monday morning, but installing that lift takes priority Saturday.

2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

first one to ride to work the other day for the year
    NO HATERS.....

'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

That's awesome - does your husband have one too?

Bwa ha ha - JK. Sorry I couldn't resist! With petrol passing up $4 a gal already I'm seriously thinking of looking at some cheap transportation too. Would be kinda nice to take one like that on camping trips too.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...