Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

not too up on the White?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

That Krypt EQ raises a few questions. If the feature set is essentially the same as before with just moving a knob or two then why make the change?
    I might understand white under the helm of a cruiser but why would anyone run a white EQ in a towboat?
    Just asking.

David
    Earmark Marine

ha ha .......... I'm with you David! I'm glad I nabbed one when they were black. And cheaper

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

FYI Wakeup call I believe is Ken from bullet lines.....Correct me if Im wrong! He asked me to post a thread when its already on this page.

I like the black too, But there are some people who like the white for some reason.Tried to get him to let us do a group buy. Asked why the change and if they would have black. This is what he said.......

$99.99 is the best ill do. It will not be available in black. It is an updated version.

So the 15th is the date if anyone needs one for $99.00
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

Wakeupcall is not Ken from bullet lines. He did provide me with the info so I thought I'd share it
    2008 MOBIUS LSV

Has anyone really seen wakeupcall and Ken Lands in the same place at the same time? Hmmm.

I have a question, hopefully I can receive a fair answer and don't add any further fuel to this fire.

I'm a complete rookie when it comes to stereo/audio equipment so I have pretty much minimal understanding of the conversations in these threads, but.....I have a system that I am putting in my boat this spring. I'm curious to know whether these EQ's are a necessity when installing a system in a boat or if they are more of a "nice-to-have" for those looking to be able to control different sets of speakers within the boat. I won't have a sub, my setup would consist of two 8" HLCD tower speakers with a separate amp to power them, stock in-boat speakers with another amp to power them, and my headunit.

So I'm just curious if this type of equipment is needed, now I know some wll say it all depends on what you want, but I guess I would respond to that by saying I'm not really sure. I think that having an EQ like the ones that have been talked about would be great to be able to control the volume of both with one place, especially since my HU is in my glovebox.

Sorry for the long-winded question. Just wondering if my system would benefit from something like this?

It is not a necessity.

A majority find its main usefulness in the ability to control tower volume versus in boat volume.

Anywhere from a $20 lc1 knob to a full blown eq can achieve the basic task. How much more do you want it to do, the look you want, etc would determine how much more it is worth to you.

A full blown eq can do much more than an lc1. Not for everyone though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Cigars n scotch,
    You may or may not appreciate all the features of the various EQs. You would have to look at each EQ independently.
    But the easy and convenient dual zone control at your fingertips between the in-boat and tower is REALLY handy! While you have a remote control at your fingertips it has a global volume control only unless you have an Alpine or Fusion source unit and remote control. The only place you can presently access the front (in-boat) to rear (tower) fader is through the source unit within the glove box.
    Line level controls such as the PAC LC-1 can place the dual zone control under the driver's dash. This requires long to and from RCA cables. Contrastly a Kicker line driver/dual zone controller provides the same control at your fingertips but does not extend the signal path. So even if you don't choose an EQ the zone controller is a good investment. You may not recognize the benefit now but you will once out on the water. Its a staple once you add tower speakers.

David
    Earmark Marine

David,
    I use the JL audio MHD amps and they have controllers using RJ45. I use one for the sub and one for the towers. Nice because there isn't a mess of RCA's from driver's helm to amps (just a couple phone lines) and 2 small knobs easily reachedfrom driver's seat. How to they compare to using the WS420 (or krypt). Wondering because I like my setup but have a krypt setup in the box wondering if I should change it up?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet