Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

I personally don't understand why the exile crew is getting so butt hurt. Nothing negative had been said about it!!!

Mike said it had independent volume control when in fact it does not. I believe that is the only controversy thus far? If someone said they like fords independent front suspension id say they must have mistaked it with Chevy.

David chimed in to explain the actually differences as mike said they were very similar.

The poor pitiful me is pathetic especially with the larger following exile has here.

I don't give a sh!! About either brand personally, I just want accurate facts displayed. I think the exile unit will be a huge sell and would consider it myself if I didn't already have an eq, non wetsounds.

Oh, and I guess the microphone thing .. my pet peeve there was seeing someone with a signature like Mike's say they don't know if a mic is a good thing or a bad thing, insinuating it could be a bad thing ... how could it be a bad thing? It's like an aux plug on a head unit. If you don't want it don't use it. I guess it's the tone of the post that have made me reply as often as I have in this thread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 03-03-2012 at 03:23 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Posts in threads mix facts, opinions and even factual statements that are simply incorrect. Sometimes when a later poster suggests an earlier stated fact may be incorrect the original poster hears either: "I disagree with your opinion because you don't know what you are talking about" or "You're a liar". It seems that was not the intent here at all.

One thing we can all do is try to make sure any statements of fact we make are as true and correct as possible. Another thing we can do is to preface a factual correction with something like, "While I value your opinion, I think you may have misstated a specific fact".

It's hard to just have a beer with someone online like you would on the dock and hash it out. But, I think we can do a better job of having civil discussions without hurting feelings and having people feel like they need to bail on a conversation. I'd much rather have BOTH KG and MMandley involved in the discussion as I value input from them and from everyone else.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    David, why are you even in this thread? Let these guys talk. Everyone has their take on things. I don't mean to offend anyone with my view, but feel strongly we should let moomba owners talk amongst themselves.
    All I read of your post was the above and think maybe you should live by your own words.

Your opinion is biased, as would Phil's from Kicker as would Tim's from Wetsounds.

I've enjoyed the technical insights from all the vendors, but we may soon have to revert to the days of no vendors allowed.

To preface Kane's statement, I got just the opposite out of Brian's post, I heard no bias at all. Not because I have Exile and not because I don't like one brand or another. What I got IMO was Brian trying to clear the mystique of what the ZLD does and why they did what they did, period. In fact I didn't read anyhting that touted it above or compared to any other vendors merchandise.

Again IMO I honestly think Brian goes out of his way not to do that when he very easily could. I think the vendors on here are an extremely valuable asset to this forum and without them we'd have way to much misinformation disseminated resulting in botched projects. As an example I took some "gospel" advice from one of our audio experts which was completely wrong and resulted in my having to redo some of my last install. If that can happen then think what'll happen without them. Do we want to be nazis in governing this forum to the point that it hurts all concerned? What we have here is extremely rare, why not use it wisely?

I don't get why everyone is up in arms over this type of stuff. They are here to assist us, not at our personal beck and call I might also add of which I know for fact does happen. I also think that people take crap way to seriously here. Lighten the reins a bit guys, there's no need to start little battles over who-has-what or what-that-does. My opinion is; Who cares? If you need information ask the expert direct, don't start crap here because someones having a bad day, has their panties in a wad or just plain doesn't like someone or their product. All it does is hurt the forum and cause dissention.

Of course all the above is my opinion so take it for what it's worth. And Kane is correct, virtual beers are impossible.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I personally don't understand why the exile crew is getting so butt hurt. Nothing negative had been said about it!!!

Mike said it had independent volume control when in fact it does not. I believe that is the only controversy thus far? If someone said they like fords independent front suspension id say they must have mistaked it with Chevy.

David chimed in to explain the actually differences as mike said they were very similar.

The poor pitiful me is pathetic especially with the larger following exile has here.

I don't give a sh!! About either brand personally, I just want accurate facts displayed. I think the exile unit will be a huge sell and would consider it myself if I didn't already have an eq, non wetsounds.

Oh, and I guess the microphone thing .. my pet peeve there was seeing someone with a signature like Mike's say they don't know if a mic is a good thing or a bad thing, insinuating it could be a bad thing ... how could it be a bad thing? It's like an aux plug on a head unit. If you don't want it don't use it. I guess it's the tone of the post that have made me reply as often as I have in this thread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    I completly agree with you here man, i was mistaken and once you called it out specifically i went and looked a few more things up and leanred about it. I was miss understanding the tower cabin control as a fade because what i understood was i can lower my tower seperate and my cabin seperate when in fact it fades from tower to cabin. I also might have a couple facts wrong thinking of an earlier revision of the unit.

As for the Mic thing, i can understand you not understanding and or liking me say i dont see the use in it. I guess in my mind, i have never used it, i have never seen it live in a boat, nor have i ever even herd one on the lakes and rivers up here. Yes im sure they are present but never herd any of it. I completly understand your point on its an option and its nice to have those options. I think deep down i just know id end up being one of them that only used it to yell at stupid people on the lake behind us, and end up in a brawl at the dock LOL

I know i get heated at times and passonient at times, thats a good and bad flaw depending on what side of the coin your on with me.

The good thing is i dont hold it against you or let it make me think any less of your thoughts.

As for me when i reach my maximum point of frustration i have 2 options, stand and fight, or walk away and cool off. This is why i said im done in this thread, this is also why i mentioned i dont post in the audio as much, because all i come here for is to help people, learn from people, and share my experiences as most of us do. I used to go toe to toe with an old FL brother but it makes the site look cheap and in the end i would lose since they had a delete button and i dont.

I have the same issue with a vender that frequents here but its due to so often reading posts where in his mind hes helping, and in reality to most hes talking so fare over their head they arnt benefitting from his help. If you just come one here and talk at the level people are asking there questions then it would be so much easier to deal with. When someone asks whats different between X brand and Y brand then tell them what you think is different, not get engineer tech based on them explaining the electrical architecture and materials used to make a product. This gets me heated so fast because people like a simple straight forward answer, not smoke and mirrors of how im smarter then you and im going to throw it out in your face.

I miss some venders that dont frequent any longer for that simple fact. I dont want the venders to leave because as we all have said they help a lot, they clear a lot of things up but just like anything, this site it to help people not wage a brand war.

I do appologize to my Moomba brethern for whats happened here these last couple days, i still love you all and would have a real beer with you all if i was closer to everyone. Its always easier to disagree in person and hash things out as you have live conversation right then and there, not post, wait, repost, wait..
    Last edited by mmandley; 03-03-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

man, lots of man-drama here over a new product

I see them both as similar but different and each one has it's pro's and con's.

I'm on the fence as to ordering one as it will fit the bill in my boat as I have NO desire to have a mic in the boat. I see no benefit to it, but I also understand those that do and am glad there is a ws product available that will fit their needs as well. great to live in a country with many choices for something as simple/stupid as this for a boat
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I agree with what Mike said. I'm an IT consultant and I don't give clients all the details. Vendors are experts in their business, and I look for them to explain to us in 'laymans terms'. Something we can understand and gain knowledge from one product or another for our use.
    I'm in the market for an eq. I do like the Exile for the large controls/knobs I see in the pics. I rarely spend time at the cove, as the river is too deep. I'm interested in something I can set my head unit to a volume number, and then force sound between the cabins and tower. It's looking like the Exile fits my needs as I don't foresee myself using a mic frequently.

I got the Krypt one because it was cheap. I wanted the separate tower and in boat speaker control. I got the mike-- might use it, might not. If I do I'll try to annoy everyone around me, especially jetskiers. I would not have paid more than $99 for one of these things though-- any brand.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Holy Chit Storm! I step away for the weekend and this is where this thread went?
    There was a pretty good discussion on the product before it was available for order where Brian explained what it was, what it wasn't, and why they did what they did:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....=exile+product

Simmer down everybody Can't we all just get along?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

This forum would be boring if people like you guys didn't get fired up about new products in the marine industry. I think discussions like this are great, especially because I don't think there's any true bad blood here. Keep it up, it's a fun read!