Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Guess that is just my rant on a seemingly biased site
    Well, maybe if someone got a sweet Wetsounds system installed and posted praises about it, we'd have less bias.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Well, maybe if someone got a sweet Wetsounds system installed and posted praises about it, we'd have less bias.
    How about I post praises about your mom, mmmk?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

You mean after she installs your system?

IDK if the Exile not having a mic is a good or bad tng, I don't know if having a mic on the WS420 is a good point or bad point. Personally I have no use for a mic.

As for the differences in the zone controls,

WS420 allows the adjustment of the tower
    It allows separate adjustment of cabin/sub

Exile allows adjustment of the tower
    It has separate adjustment for the cabin
    It has separate adjustment for the subwoofer

There is a separate adjustment for the sub comes into play for people like me is, I tune my sub and then I play some older music. It needs a little more bass so I can turn that volume up a little more to add a little more thump.
    Say later were playing dance music with a ton of bass and now at full volume my sub is starting to over extend, now I can turn just the sub down a little.

When I tune my sub its based on sounds and also maximum safe volum based on heavy bass laden music. I dont want to worry about blowing my 2k sub setup. But there's times when at. Lower volume in the cabin you just don't need all that sub or you play music with less bass and want to crank just the sub up, the separate sub control allows this.

I can't give you the details how the processor works as in sound processor but it's a Burr Brown and if you know Burr Brown from the audio industry then you should know that type of level and quality and sound.

Even if I wasnt a fan of Exile then I still would lean to the Exile ZLD due to what it's got inside it, the fact I don't need a mic, and the fact so fare I haven't found any other marine, car audio that compares to the level as Exile.
    Last edited by mmandley; 03-03-2012 at 03:58 AM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

As I stated before it makes little sense to mention a Wetsounds product in an Exile thread. But it has happened. So in order to correct perceptions about what the Wetsounds WS420 'actually' does without reference to any other product...
    Wetsounds WS420 equalizer:
    Two completely independent equalizers in a single chassis. One for the tower and one for the in-boat zone. Obviously the in-boat speakers are comprised of a 3-way system, are surrounded by a coaming structure and normally listened to within a 5 foot proximity. Contrastly the tower speakers are suspended in open air and are often asked to project at 80 feet. Wetsounds believes that IF you are going to use equalization that these two zones have little in common.
    A paragraphic bass EQ. This dual control enables you to choose the hinge and turnover frequency of the bass gain control. So it addresses different subwoofers in different enclosures, different listening conditions plus different types of music including rock, country, hip hop or an old analog versus a newer digital recording. For example, if you want to increase the low bass then you can slide the bass region most affected a little lower in order to cut some of the boominess or keep the sub out of the vocal range. Or if you want more bass but you want to limit the potential for subwoofer damage then you can slide the frequency a little higher and impact a broader range of program material. If you want a little more bass while underway and in combination with your tower speakers then just give the bass gain control a little boost. A very useful tool if you just take a little time to fully understand its many applications.
    The WS420 has a mic and a full PA system onboard. Its a great instructional tool for training the young ones, like, " Lean back and stop trying to PULL yourself up and out of the water. Let the boat do the work."
    The WS420 has an auxilary input so that you can use any Bluetooth device with it.

David
    Earmark Marine

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Exile allows adjustment of the tower
    It has separate adjustment for the cabin
    It has separate adjustment for the subwoofer
    That is not my understanding of the product. My understanding is that it uses a fader between tower and cabin, NOT independent volume controls. Although for the most part it accomplishes the same thing it is different. Example, 2 boats are tied up listening to the cabins quietly while the talk among themselves. Dusty's mom comes by and says I'll go home with the first one to play me some loud music. The boat with the ZLD has 2 steps, they have to turn the master volume up and then fade to in the middle or towards the tower. The boat with the WS simply turns the tower volume up. There is no master volume with the WS, it has independent volume control.

I don't believe the bass control works the same way with both. David looses me a little bit in technicality but I think the WS adjust the frequency? Either way, I have been able to adjust the amount of thump I get from my EQ.

Even if I wasnt a fan of Exile then I still would lean to the Exile ZLD due to what it's got inside it, the fact I don't need a mic, and the fact so fare I haven't found any other marine, car audio that compares to the level as Exile.
    Mmandley, in an attempt to tone down the bias, bc it does appear that you know alot about stereo (def not doubting you there) what else have you used that you are comparing to? From my understanding you went from factory kicker to Polk DB's to Exile? When you say you haven't found any other audio that compares have you compared to anything in the same class such as wetsounds, bullet, jl, higher end polk, etc? I'm not doubting the quality of Exile but to tout it as all superior makes me say "meh".

Disclosure: I do not have the WS eq. I have the Krypt version which from my understanding is similar to the first generation of the WS eq.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    The WS420 has a mic and a full PA system onboard. Its a great instructional tool for training the young ones, like, " Lean back and stop trying to PULL yourself up and out of the water. Let the boat do the work."
    Which also happens to be extremely annoying when your on the lake relaxing and some azz hat blasting azz crap music keeps coming past you blaring at his kids over a mic. One of my local lakes is run by the Corp of Engineers and they've pretty much outlawed that. Some douche was out at 6AM near the campground doing the above and they ran him down and told him not to use it again as it's disruptive, invasive and reserved for law enforcement. Yup they said that. Thank gawd!
    2007 Mobius LSV

I know for some they like all the levers and switches but i can say since i went to Exile brands and use only there cross overs for tunning, i have never touched a bass/trebel adjustment again and the music sounds so much richer and cleaner.
    When I tune my sub its based on sounds and also maximum safe volum based on heavy bass laden music. I dont want to worry about blowing my 2k sub setup. But there's times when at. Lower volume in the cabin you just don't need all that sub or you play music with less bass and want to crank just the sub up, the separate sub control allows this.
    I need 10 characters of my own words ....
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Can I make a suggestion here? Let's chill on the direction this thread is going. I started this to let peeps know about the deal, not to start a war or bash anyone.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Which also happens to be extremely annoying when your on the lake relaxing and some azz hat blasting azz crap music keeps coming past you blaring at his kids over a mic. One of my local lakes is run by the Corp of Engineers and they've pretty much outlawed that. Some douche was out at 6AM near the campground doing the above and they ran him down and told him not to use it again as it's disruptive, invasive and reserved for law enforcement. Yup they said that. Thank gawd!
    A manufacturer can only provide an option, not control how the user uses the option.

It blows my mind how having an option is turned into bad thing ... and slightly annoying that the only ones that see it as a bad thing are the Exile loaded boats

Exile, you have good products!! Tell us about your good products!! No need to tear others down, right??
    2016 Moomba Mojo