Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Can I make a suggestion here? Let's chill on the direction this thread is going. I started this to let peeps know about the deal, not to start a war or bash anyone.
    Fair enough. My goal isn't to bash anyone, just to get a somewhat fair convo going.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Come on guys play nice.

Ws 420 and Krypt very similar , different components, does essentially the same thing.

Exile on the surface looks like a clarion eq with, better components , line drive and seperate sub control.

Fit the bill with your needs, razz was just pointing out a good deal.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Disclosure. I have owned all three brands, with no clarion marine and they all did what I designed them for.....02 cents
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    they all did what I designed them for.....02 cents
    wait, jv - you're a designer? like and electronics or a fashion designer? did you design those daisy duke board shorts?

I'll respectively disagree on the mic with the preference that it should be used correctly and not by an "asshat."

I can envision where it would be extremely helpful for instruction while allowing the driver to remain facing/looking forward while watching the rider in the mirror. I've witnessed a few near misses with boats, docks, people, etc when the driver is turned around coaching and has lost sight of where they are going.

Maybe more useful to me is the ability to call off the asshats on the jeetski or 70's-era bass boat that feels it necessary to get right up on my rider to jump the wake or just get a closer looky-loo. Wish the po-po were as diligent with that as the noise coming from the tower.

Okay, so Razz shared a buy on a new product introduction to the members as a good service. Cool.
    Then another brand of competing product was introduced into the discussion. I think that correction has been pointed out and we know what that has led to on this and other forums.
    If anyone wants to get more information on the other product then start a new thread. I'll be happy to talk objectively about any product in nano detail if you like. If I glaze over something that is too technical then ask me to go into a better explanation.

David
    Earmark Marine

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    That is not my understanding of the product. My understanding is that it uses a fader between tower and cabin, NOT independent volume controls. Although for the most part it accomplishes the same thing it is different. Example, 2 boats are tied up listening to the cabins quietly while the talk among themselves. Dusty's mom comes by and says I'll go home with the first one to play me some loud music. The boat with the ZLD has 2 steps, they have to turn the master volume up and then fade to in the middle or towards the tower. The boat with the WS simply turns the tower volume up. There is no master volume with the WS, it has independent volume control.

I don't believe the bass control works the same way with both. David looses me a little bit in technicality but I think the WS adjust the frequency? Either way, I have been able to adjust the amount of thump I get from my EQ.

Mmandley, in an attempt to tone down the bias, bc it does appear that you know alot about stereo (def not doubting you there) what else have you used that you are comparing to? From my understanding you went from factory kicker to Polk DB's to Exile? When you say you haven't found any other audio that compares have you compared to anything in the same class such as wetsounds, bullet, jl, higher end polk, etc? I'm not doubting the quality of Exile but to tout it as all superior makes me say "meh".

Disclosure: I do not have the WS eq. I have the Krypt version which from my understanding is similar to the first generation of the WS eq.
    In my boat yes thats correct on the brands. I also spent time listening to WS and there set ups. I just didnt care for the way they sounded. I listened to the Pro 80s, Pro 60s, and Pro 485.

As for car speakers i have had tons, Infinity, Polk, JL audio, Pioneer, Bose, Kicker, Rockford Phosgate, MB Quart, and several less the mentionable brads.

I was refering to Marine quality speakers.

Its strange because like said before this is a forum of public thoughts and opinions yet it seems when one person who prefers 1 brand makes any comment or comparison to another and someone else doesnt like it then it becomes this huge debate. This is the reason so many people call Wake World Hate World.

Like i have said before, Name a place and thread where i have ever Downtalked someones idea, thoughts, opinions of stereo brands. Never, you wont find one. I have never said X brand is worthless, or not worth buying, or anything.

Everyone has Brand loyalty thats the way it is.

If i make a comment about a peace of equipment and you dont agree then thats fine disagree, thats what called freedom of speech.

So often it seems especially in the electronics threads people get talked over the top of, and i for one can say this is why so rarly do i participate in the audio threads anymore.

So as for this thread ill step out. Moderators feel free to delete the rest of my posts in this thread, i frankly dont care anylonger.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    wait, jv - you're a designer? like and electronics or a fashion designer? did you design those daisy duke board shorts?
    You funny guy you.... Wait til I break out my 80, mesh half shirt, with my six pack I know I have somewhere. Lol

Fwiw. I agree with Wolfe on the mic, but it's only as good as the user... It's nice to have when you need it.

I am sure at the ww bump party's its a great wooing mechanism to get hot chicks on your boat... Lol
    Last edited by jmvotto; 03-03-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I'll respectively disagree on the mic with the preference that it should be used correctly and not by an "asshat."

I can envision where it would be extremely helpful for instruction while allowing the driver to remain facing/looking forward while watching the rider in the mirror. I've witnessed a few near misses with boats, docks, people, etc when the driver is turned around coaching and has lost sight of where they are going.

Maybe more useful to me is the ability to call off the asshats on the jeetski or 70's-era bass boat that feels it necessary to get right up on my rider to jump the wake or just get a closer looky-loo. Wish the po-po were as diligent with that as the noise coming from the tower.
    I can envision it as well, but unfortunately my personal experiences are just the opposite. It's a tool that has a potential purpose and should be used responsibly yet everytime i've seen it in use it's been just the opposite and very annoying. Everyone elses experiences may be different, these are just mine.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    In my boat yes thats correct on the brands. I also spent time listening to WS and there set ups. I just didnt care for the way they sounded. I listened to the Pro 80s, Pro 60s, and Pro 485.

As for car speakers i have had tons, Infinity, Polk, JL audio, Pioneer, Bose, Kicker, Rockford Phosgate, MB Quart, and several less the mentionable brads.

I was refering to Marine quality speakers.

Its strange because like said before this is a forum of public thoughts and opinions yet it seems when one person who prefers 1 brand makes any comment or comparison to another and someone else doesnt like it then it becomes this huge debate. This is the reason so many people call Wake World Hate World.

Like i have said before, Name a place and thread where i have ever Downtalked someones idea, thoughts, opinions of stereo brands. Never, you wont find one. I have never said X brand is worthless, or not worth buying, or anything.

Everyone has Brand loyalty thats the way it is.

If i make a comment about a peace of equipment and you dont agree then thats fine disagree, thats what called freedom of speech.

So often it seems especially in the electronics threads people get talked over the top of, and i for one can say this is why so rarly do i participate in the audio threads anymore.

So as for this thread ill step out. Moderators feel free to delete the rest of my posts in this thread, i frankly dont care anylonger.
    I agree with you 100% on this Mike, and that's also the reason I stay out of most of these as well. It seems that one cannot talk audio anymore without a bitchfest starting up with a war waged about the attributes of one brand against the other, and it's usually one against the world
    2007 Mobius LSV

Guys - I just took 15 mins reading all these posts. I for one, like the moomba forum because it is a good group of people. I’m sorry to say this thread is beginning to look like a typical Exile versus wetsounds. David, why are you even in this thread? Let these guys talk. Everyone has their take on things. It’s interesting to see how Mike see’s the ZLD. And right or wrong, its not anyones place to discourage peoples point of view. Especially vendors. If Jmv views the ZLD is a clarion, so be it. It’s not my place to give him 20 reasons why its not. I don't mean to offend anyone with my view, but feel strongly we should let moomba owners talk amongst themselves.

Look guys, the 420 is a great unit. It does a lot of nifty stuff. It’s inevitable that the Exile ZLD is going to get compared to it. This is Exile’s solution to zone control. I’ve been involved with product development for god knows how long now--25 years? Let me explain clearly to everyone how things like the ZLD come to reality.... We take a look at whats out on the market, what the high and low points on each product are. Yes we looked at the 420, the Arc XEQ, the Acontrol 3.1, the clarion, and a few others. In every single instance, the story is the same--- It comes down to costs every time. Every feature has a cost. Period. None of these manufacturers lost their marbles and forgot to put something like a microphone in their design. Some manufacturers valued that feature and felt it important to include. Get my drift here? There are pluses and minuses to everything.

Here’s the 411 on the ZLD and why its in there: Our goal was to build something that #1 is easy to use, and #2 is a sound quality piece that wont break the bank. At retail we wanted it positioned not to exceed 200.00. As stated above, every single thing in the box has a cost. So how the heck do we do that. I’ll tell you how, have a lot of damn meetings and evaluate costs/feature sets six ways from sunday. Thats how.

For example, if we eliminated just the Burr Brown sound op amps we could reduce overall product costs by almost 18%. That could afford us some other features. If we didn't opt for big easy to use knobs on the front panel, we could put more features in. If we made the thing a double Din size physically, we could load up with features. In tandem to these product development tasks, we listen carefully to what our beta testers tell us. 4 people in the usa, and 2 people in australia, got the benefit to use prototypes last year. Each of them had a lot input. The consensus is they all valued the highest possible sound quality at the expense of some other advanced features. Every one of them wanted full independent subwoofer control like Mr Mike has mentioned. And Mike - I’m sorry your boat wasn't one of the beta testers. I know you wanted one. I have however appreciated your comments on how you’d utilize it.

Next point I’d like to make and then I’ll get off my high horse, is pre orders. Many people have asked me why anyone in their right mind would discount something brand new. Fair question. This is Exile giving back to all the people that have supported us over the years. There is no way we can really distinguish who is a past exile customer and who's a new one that just wants to get in on a deal. Our intention is to give back to you guys. It’s the first time we’ve done something like this and the response has been phenomenal. Anyone can pre-order from any authorized retailer at the discounted price. This is a USA wide promo only and will end when they begin shipping.

Bottom line: We hope everyone will enjoy this new product from Exile. You have more choices out there for your boat stereo. And thats a good thing.

-Brian
    Exile Audio