Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Oftentimes with the compound contour of the hull you have a lot of available depth behind some portion of the amp panel. So, if you get too tight on space you can create a window behind one of the amplifiers and place distribution and related parts on a sub panel behind the window. It only needs to be spaced off the back of the amplifier panel enough to pass through the heavier supply cables.

David
    Earmark Marine

I moved the boat from my dads garage (about 40 minutes from my house) to a buddies heated warehouse about 10 minutes from my house to allow me to get an early start on my stereo rebuild.

Last night I got down and dirty with pulling the remainder of the old equipment out, as well as re-routing a bunch of wiring and such. It seems that since I built the stereo in stages, there was not much organization to the wiring (IE: a wire added here, another there) so I decided to pull it all out and start from scratch.

The rats nest:

^^This picture makes it look much worse than it was when things were operational, lol. This is after I removed many of the zip ties and tape that had the wiring organized.

While going through everything I found a little pass through that allows me to run wires from 1 side to the other without routing through the bow! This is huge, as I previously had a huge harness going all the way around. Once I'm finished pulling the wires through I will tie everything up neatly;

The new battery box it its almost new location - I am going to cut that brace on the right out so the box can sit flush against the wall. The brace does not connect to (or even touch) the floor, so I can't see why lobbing a few inches off the bottom would hurt. I guess I'll find out;

Her new home for the next month or two;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

Putting my label maker to use!

And a shot of the rig - this is the first time I've towed with the Jeep since lowering it - it actually pulled really well. I still need to put air bags in the rear to keep it from bottoming out on big bumps;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

Nice Jeep!

Wiring looks like a nightmare, haha. That is tedious work.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Great to have a friend with a heated warehouse!

Looking good, Ian.

The journey is half the fun (although my elbows don't agree with that sentiment).
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I wonder if we all have that pass through... I have wires strung around my bow as we speak.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

I bet you do - on my boat I found it because it is how the factory runs +/- from the battery to the fuse box under the dash. I just tied 2 18awg lines to the ring terminal, pulled it through, left one 18awg in the tunnel, and pulled the power wire back through. Then I used the other 18awg to tie my other wires to and pull back through. Bingo Bango.

I actually enjoy playing with the wiring, its oddly rewarding.
    2013 Outback V

Those pics bring back awful memories!!

Glad it's you and not me this time! Lookin great so far!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

[QUOTE=chawk610;169644]I wonder if we all have that pass through... QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ian ashton;169646]I bet you do -QUOTE]

I believe the Outbacks do, I strung my wire the same way for my 2nd amp under the helm. Other models may differ because the Outbacks dont have the storage in the floor.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer