Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cool stuff from the boat show...

Every year I like to check out the new stuff and cool ideas, and sometimes walk away with something that I want to do with my boat. This year was no exception. Here are some cool things that I saw;

(Tige) This was on the bottom of the spotters seat - so simple, and yet such a great idea;

(Tige) Very cool throttle;

(Tige) I wish WISH WISH our boats did this - the back cushion for the bow seats opens up to access storage - unlike MasterCraft, the seat base stays put, just the seat back lifts - very smart;

This was just bizarre - pretty intense tower for a pontoon!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

I spent some time in the Tige admiring that bow storage access also. That is a real nice feature. Even with the limited space the Tige had, would be a great little spot to have access to.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Now on to the thing that I am going to implement into my boat, as long as it fits (haven't had a chance to measure yet) -

(Tige) A built in latching trash receptacle;

After some digging, I've found that the part is made by SSi Custom Plastics (Part Number: 45318100)

Measures:
    13”W x 18 ½”H x 6 ¼”Deep, Cut Out- 10 3/8” x 15 5/8” H

List Price: $249.00

So, once I confirm that it will fit in the walktrough (passenger side) of my Outback (after I relocate the batteries) I am going to order and start hogging out a big hole, lol.
    2013 Outback V

A few more cool things;

Another trash can - this was in an I/O and made of Starboard - I figure I can duplicate something similar to this in whatever size I need, should the SSi unit not fit;

Cool subwoofer location in a Nautique 200

From a Supra - I definately need to find out who makes this piece, I hate the flip-up anchor light I currently have;
    2013 Outback V

A few more;

(Cobalt) Fender Clips - This was a super cool thing I noticed on a big Cobalt - instead of using a cleat, there is a little tab that is on the rope, and a push pin that slides into a chrome thing in the hull - when not in use it simply looks like a normal chrome thru-hull fitting;

Sadly, a set of 4 of these things is like $500, so probably won't find their way onto my boat anytime soon...

Nothing in-particular here, I just love this boat (Nautique 200, Limited Edition)

From the 2012 Outback, another item that I have to order to replace the cheezy plastic that it came with in '08;

I think this was from a Nautique as well, just a nice storage net on the bottom side of the sunpad;

These pictures are from the Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Chicago boat shows, in-case anyone was wondering.
    2013 Outback V

I love the trash recepticle! Brilliant idea!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

trash is a good idea, but all those trash cans would be filled in in a matter of an hour in my boat. doesn't look like they would hold more than some small doritos bags and maybe 7 or 8 smashed cans. something else to take out and clean. a trash bag in the cooler works much easier and as you deplete cans, the space is filled up with the trash.

I dig the bumper holders. give bullet lines a year or so can't be much money in making them..

idk about the bottom of the tige seat either. looks like a small mirror and a place for registration/insurance. plastic baggie in the jockey box to hold that and a much larger mirror on the tower works just as well. bling points on the throttle.

I do like the front seat folding up non-mc style. that would be handy for accessing stuff, however in my case, I'd lose my amprack.

overall, I appreciate some of the things you can find in other boats, but I can also appreciate skiers choice skipping some of this for a much more realistic price that more of us can afford
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

That is slick but $250 for a garbage can?!
    That's a tough one to justify.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    That is slick but $250 for a garbage can?!
    That's a tough one to justify.
    Hince the Tige price of $80k-$100k depending on model and options. I've been pricing the Tiges lately...probably my next boat.

The trash cans are an awesome idea. We always used the cooler as the trash can since it didn't hold ice anyways. I love how the bow seat backs lift up too.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV