Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Duramax Chat

They were Firestone air bags. I didnt use a spacer, just ordered the size to fit the application. Had a built in compressor and air tank to run them, a train horn and an aux hose connection.
    REALLY????

Has anyone installed cold air intake? I can't come to any sort of conclusion on whether or not there is going to be signficant increase in turbo sound and if I'm going to have to re-calibrate my MAF.

I was looking at Bill's Custom Intake so I can get the metal intake tube bc from my understanding it will be louder than the lastic S&B? Also, I emailed them and they acted like I would not need to re-calibrate the MAF on the 4.5" and but MAY need to on the 5". However, I read that when you change sizes from OEM you need to re-calibrate?

I'm working in circles .. anyone with any insight? I want more turbo noise and the truck to run strong.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Has anyone installed cold air intake? I can't come to any sort of conclusion on whether or not there is going to be signficant increase in turbo sound and if I'm going to have to re-calibrate my MAF.

I was looking at Bill's Custom Intake so I can get the metal intake tube bc from my understanding it will be louder than the lastic S&B? Also, I emailed them and they acted like I would not need to re-calibrate the MAF on the 4.5" and but MAY need to on the 5". However, I read that when you change sizes from OEM you need to re-calibrate?

I'm working in circles .. anyone with any insight? I want more turbo noise and the truck to run strong.
    You want Twins!!!
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

Quote Originally Posted by bbuhtz View Post
    You want Twins!!!
    You are right I do. Private message me with your email and I'll give you a Paypal account to make donations too!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo

You are right I do. Private message me with your email and I'll give you a Paypal account to make donations too!!

How about I just directly deposit my pay check to your account, so I'll need all of your account information, including SSN, etc...

Wishful thinking...

It's my understanding you're going to have to recal if you want a 5" intake. I would say 4.5" is close and if it were me I'd still recal. If you have EFI live you should be able to find info online to calibrate it. Or just have a shop do it for you if you don't have EFI live or want to mess with tables and mapping.

Thats my .02 and the only $ you'll be getting
    2004 Moomba LSV Blue

Yea, Bill's Custom Intake mentioned I wouldn't have to recal with a 4.5" but I'm with you, I feel like I should recal either way. I have a tuned ECM but not the EFI live software so I would need to have a shop do it. I guess I need to get with a local shop or the people I got the ECM from before making my decision.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

I got the S&B CAI

Yes you will need to Recal the MAF sensor, but if you running tunes then these should be built into the tune as part of the upgrades done to the truck. You have to Recal due to your going to be moving a lot more air, and it needs these reading to be correct to help adjust fuel ratios. The good about a Diesel is it doesnt care if you run it Lean, you just dont get the power out of it. It doesnt care if you run it rich, it just heats your turbo up. Gotta love Diesel LOL
    Stock

New S&B CAI

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

KG.....after talking to a few outfits I found that a CAI is not worth the money until you get into the major mods. That is at least for my LBZ. I had more than one shop (reputable across the nation) tell me to keep the stock airbox and if anything do the PPE mod. They certainly sell me one if I wanted but i appreciated the straight talk from them. I think the LB7 benefits from the CAI's. Not sure if it's the same on the LMM.
    I'm gonna save my money for the other goodies I want.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Default airbags

And on the airbags. I've been searching and calling around and found Cognito makes some full travel airbags so you don't sacrifice the travel of the suspension. They are pricey but that's the way to do it right the first time. Gotta save me some coin

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Viking I understand the cai is not going to offer any performance but I want the sound ... What ppe mod are you talking about?

2016 Moomba Mojo