Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Duramax Chat

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    so the trans problems that plagued dodge were primarily for the 2500 and 3500 series trucks?
    Yes because people who buy the 2500 and 3500 got the same transmission in your 1500.

SO if you tried to pull 10K with your truck the engine would be lugging really bad and the trans would over heat or break down eventually. This isnt as known of a problem with 1500s because the truck is weighting in at 6K instead of 8k and most 1500 owners arnt trying to pull 10K plus trailers.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Ok then I won't worry about it. The only think I pull is the boat I estimate it is (
    5000 with full fuel and gear

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Ok then I won't worry about it. The only think I pull is the boat I estimate it is (
    5000 with full fuel and gear

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    Yea i wouldnt worry about it to much but with you travel milage and towing as much as you do, if be looking at getting the trans service every year change the fruild and filter. That will keep the trans happy. Might even look into a transmission cooler also if you dont have one.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Yea i wouldnt worry about it to much but with you travel milage and towing as much as you do, if be looking at getting the trans service every year change the fruild and filter. That will keep the trans happy. Might even look into a transmission cooler also if you dont have one.
    i have a cooler and when i bought the truck carfax showed that the trans fluid was changed at 50,000 miles and i just changed it again last thursday with like 78,000 on it. i will probably change it every 30k
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Why Dont you sample the fluid annually and the lab tests will indicate when it's time to change and can give advanced notice of minor and major service issues. Fleets have been doing this for years.
    I started it after talking to an engineer of Allison for over 20 years and he indicated its not uncommon for someone running transynnd in there allison under normal conditions to go 150000 miles on there tranny before needing a change.
    The stealerships want people to come in regularly for stuff they don't need. It's a huge money maker
    If you really need a change every 50000 then tests will determine that based on the breakdown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Thought my buddy Dusty had decided to come visit the ATL. Saw this rig in the rearview and was disappointed when it passed & I saw the GA tags.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11outbackV -
    ever get ur truck done? Pics................?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet