Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Duramax Chat

BWAHAHAHAHA, smack, wolfed back
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

11outbackv -
    you should color match your grill! That'd look sweet.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I made a few more updates to mine. Lest weekend I slapped on EFI Live by Idaho Rob, with a DSP5 switch. To go along with it, I blocked my egr and installed a Flo Pro Turbo back 5" System, with the visible portion at the rear painted black. Also added Air lift airbags and 2" Spacers under them on the rear so I can level it when trailers are hooked up. The spacers allow the back to have full travel vs forcing them to stretch and take away travel from the truck's suspension. So far so good, but Airlift is doing $50 mail in rebates for any complete kit, which got me $50 bucks back. I'm considering jumping one more time and grabbing the basic compressor kit so I can get it for another $50 off and have that little convenience feature.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Viking
    It probably would but GMC has a chrome version of that grill, its standard on the Denali

Dusty
    If you go w the on board compressor, get a tank. Then you can fill up whenever you want with the push of a button, also you can add an accessory hose and do whatever you want, fill tubes, tires or even run light air tools.
    REALLY????

jpetty
    You are correct it was a typo. Its not 4 to 14 it is actually 3 to 12. I double checked the website.
    Good catch

Todd
    REALLY????

12 is still nuts. That some kind of lift right there!
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Ok all you diesel guys - I'm wondering if a diesel is in my future or not. My primary concern is the short trips that the truck would be subjected to. For me, probably 80% of the time 10 miles to work and 10 miles home is my max, then a lot of short 1-5 mile runs around town to do whatever. Barely enough for the engine to get fully warmed up so I'm thinking that could play havoc with a diesel.

Towing at this point is pretty much June through September only. I wonder if using a block heater year-round (or close to it) would help at all to get up to operating temps faster and be a little better considering the short trips it would see?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

The diesels of Now are alot different than years ago. Pretty much drive them like any gasser. Only difference is they have alot more torque and HP than the counterpart. So you need to wait 5 sec. for the glow plugs to warm, big whoop. Get one already

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Ok all you diesel guys - I'm wondering if a diesel is in my future or not. My primary concern is the short trips that the truck would be subjected to. For me, probably 80% of the time 10 miles to work and 10 miles home is my max, then a lot of short 1-5 mile runs around town to do whatever. Barely enough for the engine to get fully warmed up so I'm thinking that could play havoc with a diesel.

Towing at this point is pretty much June through September only. I wonder if using a block heater year-round (or close to it) would help at all to get up to operating temps faster and be a little better considering the short trips it would see?
    You wont hurt the diesel with short trips but you wont help it eigher. You will be driving around in Cold mode all the time and this is a very rich fuel mode to help the engine warm up. Instead of mid teens you will single digits most likley when going to and from work.

I would reccomend each weekend you take it to the highway for a nice 30 miles stretch and open it up and allow it to fully warm up and cycle hot fluids threw all its systems. Other wise you will have a lot of issues down the road. You dont have to beat on a diesel to make her run right for a long time but if you drive it cold all the time you will be doing worse then good to her.

As for mine, i dont haul enough anymore to justify the diesel all the time but when summer comes she more then pays for herself. For me also since im out in the sticks everything is a 30 mile round trip at best so i do see a significant savings in fuel. Remember cost of ownership is more but you get a lot more truck for that as well.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    See ya cat!! So how does it sound? Guess you wouldn't know the before and after sound on the PPE airbox mod huh?
    It sounds "BEEFY"
    The tone is deep and when at idle the exhaust has a HISS - sounds like a jet engine about ready to take off!!
    I might change that out to rumble with the new tunes though. Haven't made up my mind. The hiss is kinda cool too.

Got my AD2 installed as well so now I'm working on the DSP5 switch, Airbag kit, and in-cab controls. Hopefully can get the tunes installed over the weekend. We'll see.

Didn't slow down much to take pics or video but I'll try and get some done before month end?

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"