Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Duramax Chat

Sweet ride there but the 3ft drop hitch would always trip you up when you walk behind it...

Hey Mike, how much lift and tire did Betty have?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Sweet ride there but the 3ft drop hitch would always trip you up when you walk behind it...

Hey Mike, how much lift and tire did Betty have?
    F350s from the factory have 4inch lifts, i only lift the front with a spacer 2inch. So she looks leveled.
    Both trucks are running 35s but actualy measurment is 34 inch both run on 20inch rims
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    F350s from the factory have 4inch lifts, i only lift the front with a spacer 2inch. So she looks leveled.
    Both trucks are running 35s but actualy measurment is 34 inch both run on 20inch rims
    is it really considered a lift or just the heavier suspension of a 1 ton vs a 3/4 ton?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I wouldn't shy away from a 4" or 6" lifted truck. If it's got much more on it then your asking for trouble (or a pile of $$ in other upgrades). And there is a big difference in effort and wear on a 1/2ton, 3/4, or 1ton. Ideally you could find one that doesn't have a lift and then do it yourself. Then you know it was done right. But I would buy a previously lifted truck if It was done the right way and no shortcuts. Quite frankly, I think the GMC's and Chevy's take on a whole new look when upped 4-6" than most other brands and consider it a must
    100_1473.jpg100_0320.jpg

Also, I've bought from dealers and private parties both. If you know what to look for and do your homework, they can both offer great deals. When I flew to Denver to pick up my duramax, I was plenty fine jumping on a flight home if the private party selling wasn't on the up-n-up. I made sure to get a ton of pics, info., and several phone calls before I made the trip. For $2-300 in airline ticket for thousands savings is worth it imo. Really no different than buying a boat from a private party.............
    Last edited by viking; 03-16-2012 at 10:31 PM.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    I wouldn't shy away from a 4" or 6" lifted truck. If it's got much more on it then your asking for trouble (or a pile of $$ in other upgrades). And there is a big difference in effort and wear on a 1/2ton, 3/4, or 1ton. Ideally you could find one that doesn't have a lift and then do it yourself. Then you know it was done right. But I would buy a previously lifted truck if It was done the right way and no shortcuts. Quite frankly, I think the GMC's and Chevy's take on a whole new look when upped 4-6" than most other brands and consider it a must
    100_1473.jpg100_0320.jpg

Also, I've bought from dealers and private parties both. If you know what to look for and do your homework, they can both offer great deals. When I flew to Denver to pick up my duramax, I was plenty fine jumping on a flight home if the private party selling wasn't on the up-n-up. I made sure to get a ton of pics, info., and several phone calls before I made the trip. For $2-300 in airline ticket for thousands savings is worth it imo. Really no different than buying a boat from a private party.............
    Completely agree w/ all the above. Fords and dodges look great stock or lifted. Chevys really need a drop or lift to dress them up, which is too bad because GM is my favorite by far.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    is it really considered a lift or just the heavier suspension of a 1 ton vs a 3/4 ton?
    F250 has 3inch Blocks and no helper spring so it sites about 1.5 inches lower then F350 Stock
    F350 has 4inch blocks and a additional spring on the rear so the rear sits up 1.5 inches higher at stock.

As for the front there both Coil over with shocks now. The difference there is Coil tension, but on an F250 you can get the snow plow option which gives you F350 front springs to compensate the extra weight.

On the F350 the have shown you can add up to 500lbs to the front end and get less then 1/2 inch of sag. They did this on Trucks by adding a huge brush guard, with build in winch and such.

Now on older then 05 F250/F350 is when the front end was Springs like the rear and these i think <not positive> were identical to the rears with helper spring and blocks being the difference between F250/F350
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Got the truck back from paint today, will post up pics shortly.
    New wheels arrived today so I can go pick those up tomorrow.
    Nobody makes an 8" lift for it yet other then kelderman and I just cont swing that right now.
    So things will start to happen, I will post pics of the progress.
    REALLY????

Anybody have any good insight on the 2004 2500 HD. There is one locally that I just found that I might consider with 104,000 miles. I've been keeping my eyes open for an 07-10 model but I'm not sure I want to drop that much coin onto one right now.
    2009 Moomba XLV

Is it a diesel? If so check if it is an LB7 or LLY because the LLY engine came out mid year 2004. I have a friend who does diesel performance and he told my brother to stay away from the LB7 because almost all of them will have the injector problems you hear about sooner or later. The LLY is supposed to be a more reliable engine.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    Is it a diesel? If so check if it is an LB7 or LLY because the LLY engine came out mid year 2004. I have a friend who does diesel performance and he told my brother to stay away from the LB7 because almost all of them will have the injector problems you hear about sooner or later. The LLY is supposed to be a more reliable engine.
    How can I confirm whether it's the newer motor? I went and looked at the truck yesterday and looked at the manufacture date which was 01/04. The salesman swore up and down that it was the new model because they had been producing the truck in 03. So while talking to him I asked him how could you tell whether or not the motor was the LB7 or LLY. He gives me a dumb look stare and says "Well I'm not sure". I asked him if he was so sure how could he tell it was the newer motor and continued giving the dumb stare. I walked away not impressed at all.
    2009 Moomba XLV