Default Some more upgrades done !!

DSP5 Switch
    Tunes are by Idaho Rob
    1. Optimized stock hiss idle
    2. Tow w/turbo brake
    3. 75HP mpg
    4. 110 performance street
    5. 150HP race hiss idle
    All I can say is the truck runs Phenomenal. I'm tracking mileage now as I get some time under the new mods and tuning and can report results after end of summer. The 5in exhaust, no cat, and downpipe make the 6.6L sound throaty and beefy. I equally like the Hiss and rumble idle. Just makes me smile
    100_1622.jpg

In Cab Firestone Control tucked into the front seat storage Console
    100_1626.jpg

Air Dog II Fuel System tucked on inside frame-rail driver's side
    100_1603.jpg

Cognito Air Long Travel Air Bag Kit w/Firestone Bags
    100_1664.jpg

Did the TransgoJr. Shift Kit install last week to help with the power tunes and swapped out the tranny fluid for Transynd. Sent a sample off for base reference and will sample annually to determine maintenance interval. Going to do the same at oil change for the engine oil.
    Also got me a set of Rock Tamers on Sale at Cabela's for summer towing.

Now I gotta get my arse to work on the boat.....................

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Nice man nice. I know on mine if i run the so called Economical tune i get worse milage then running the full on race type tune.

I run the 250HP tune and get the best milage, wlus then i need to tame another Diesel owner i got my 600 ponies and 1100 torque on tap. Just mash the twin turbo peddle
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I was back up in visiting my dad a couple weeks ago in Washingon, My dad had just purchased a GMC Denali crew cab 4x4 Duramax/Alison to haul his new 5th wheel trailer. Anyway I got to drive it a couple of times and I now understand the whole diesel thing.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    I was back up in visiting my dad a couple weeks ago in Washingon,
    What? Where?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    What? Where?
    Wenatchee, the week of the 6th
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Ah, good 5 hours away. Otherwise I was going to say we should meet up next time you're up to dads.

What are your thoughts on the diesel vs. your new hemi?

I'm still torn on the whole diesel decision. A truck in my budget range is going to be 5+ yrs old. I like the body of the 05-07 fords but won't be jumping on a 6.0 anytime if ever. Don't mind the GMC body over the Chevys but hate the fact that you need a big lift for a fairly minimal tire size upgrade. Dodge sounds like tranny trouble and the quad cabs look too small compared to a regular crew cab.

In the end I think it's still the high volume of short trips that would do me in with a diesel. Gas has gotten so high around here that diesel is almost cheaper than the 87 octane now though.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

i would love to have a diesel after driving one but just dont need one for the towing/driving I do. especially for the extra expense

I would rather have a new gas truck vrs a 5+ yr old diesel. No paticular reason other than I like new.

hop into a crewmax ram if you get a chance-plenty of room , the quad cabs are small and was one of the reasons i got rid of the 06 I had.

Worked with a Chrysler tech for a while, he said just give the hemi normal maintence and it should last 200k with no problem, I had heard of the tranny thing too, asked him about that and he said yes with the older trucks but not the newer ones-pretty much bullet proof he said.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    i would love to have a diesel after driving one but just dont need one for the towing/driving I do. especially for the extra expense

I would rather have a new gas truck vrs a 5+ yr old diesel. No paticular reason other than I like new.

hop into a crewmax ram if you get a chance-plenty of room , the quad cabs are small and was one of the reasons i got rid of the 06 I had.

Worked with a Chrysler tech for a while, he said just give the hemi normal maintence and it should last 200k with no problem, I had heard of the tranny thing too, asked him about that and he said yes with the older trucks but not the newer ones-pretty much bullet proof he said.
    IDK about the 2011 3/4 and 1 Ton but i know the 2012 Dodges have an all new trans, a real one built for a 3/4 1 ton workload. I also have liked the new Dodge interior since 2010 changes. I was eyeing the Power Ram Edition they had in the showroom with a Diesel in it last time i was there. That thing was shweet, factory it had a winch on the front and some other goodies. Only thing i didnt care for was the bed seemed a little shallow, and the tires were way to small for the truck. Bed might have just been an illusion of the showroom, tires can be upgraded.

I really do like the new Dodge Diesels and hands down you cant beat the dependability of a Cummins. They are the best engines out there in my mind. I just dont want a new Diesel payment, and i dont want a Dodge unless it has that new trans LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I'd agree with mmandley on the new dodge's. I don't want a new payment either. Not to mention the upgrades and aftermarket goodies that come with it

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

so the trans problems that plagued dodge were primarily for the 2500 and 3500 series trucks?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD