Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

mike,

do I see you in the next "what schwab did for me" commercial??
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

bigtime bummer Mike... Sorry to hear it... Good luck getting it fixed. I'd also make sure you let them know you're expecting them to pay for the rental. they ought to do it, but just make sure they're aware of it. I'm sure they want to be suprised on a large expense like that just as much as you would.

showed up to a chevy dealer to pick up a new cavalier in 2000, and before I went in i noticed it had a dent in the hood! they wanted to fill it and paint it and stuff. I told them they could keep the car! They swapped the hood with another car on their lot and I got lucky that it matched perfect and got a new car w/ all factory paint. Lol.

My wife was happy when I was the one that put the first dent in our brand new 15 passenger van...happy it wasn't her that did it that is.... Lol. Backing up a trailer and turned it, front end hit some trees that had just been trimmed/cut low
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    If they ever try to stick you with paying for something like this, let me know. I guarantee you they will back down.
    Thanks, always good to have friends smarter than myself to help out.

Mike, what is that sticker on the door jam "safeparts" ?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Stacy, this is a risk inherent in running a shop. It should not be foisted off onto employees as there is insurance available to cover this kind of loss. If they ever try to stick you with paying for something like this, let me know. I guarantee you they will back down.
    OK, another thread heading wayyy off course, but . . .

Can't/don't they get away with this by hiring everyone as independent contractors?

Schwabs is a multimillion dollar business and I've always been treated exceptional but their tire prices reflect it. You'll be done right. The alignment shops moves a little slower than the tire side but there aren't any overweight tire busters there. They are always moving and the popcorn is good.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    OK, another thread heading wayyy off course, but . . .

Can't/don't they get away with this by hiring everyone as independent contractors?
    nope, no dancers, er I mean independent contractors

hyjack over...well till the next one
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Thanks, always good to have friends smarter than myself to help out.

Mike, what is that sticker on the door jam "safeparts" ?
    I asked the body shop the same thing, its on all my doors, fenders, hood and everything. They said its just a theft deterinet. Its a number assigned to my vechicle and if another shop gets this part its sopposed to alert them it could be off a stolen truck.

Id assume you would just pull the sticker off LOL.

My windows have the glass etching in them and its a seperate insurance of the truck is stolen and not recovered i get X amount from them as well as my primary insurance. It another item that came with the truck.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Well Les came threw for the most part. They cut me a check for the higher estimate of my damages. No rental reimbursment and even when i talked to them they said they wouldnt have covered it even as part of the estimate. They would only cover the damage to the truck. the good thing is how ever both body shops i got estimates have rentals since there Ford Dealers and it shouldnt be a problem to get a rental threw them as part of my repair.

I did have to sign a waiver not to sue Schwab or there employees lol.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I am going to stay out of this after you decided to waive all your rights against the baddies.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I am going to stay out of this after you decided to waive all your rights against the baddies.
    What do you mean? I mean now its up to the dealer to fix the truck. I wouldnt be able to go after Les if there was wrk from the dealer that wasnt done.

Only thing that could happen is if the dealer found more damage to the truck, which i seriously doubt they will since they already priced taken half the side of the truck off and completly apart
    [COLOR="#696969"]