Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What led lights?

Looking at lighting up my boat, but I have two questions. I want to led out the entire boat and make it really stand out. What's the best lights to use? And also, my interior is white, with red and black accents, and the boat is red and white. Would it look dumb to use blue led's or should I go with red to match?

NOBODY REPLY TO THIS THREAD . . .

until he puts pics up of the new ride!

I have a great idea for you, but . . . . (waiting for pics).
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Red usually will not illuminate as far out as blue or white. Lots of variables and different lumen ratings (lumen ratings vary by company). Cost is another consideration. You can go "cheap" for right around $200 all the way up towards $1000 per light (underwater). Best results for the underwater transom lights would be to use 2 lights if the shape of your transom allows for it. Earmark Marine has the best selection online of different companies like Abyss, Shadowcaster, Mako, and Malibu's OEM led lights. Also, you're going to need an extra battery if you plan on underwater and interior lights. Interior LEDs you can get online cheap, just make sure they can withstand a moist environment..

lol Give me five min and I'll post them

IF you go with interior and tower speaker LEDs why not go with some RGB LEDs so you can select any color you feel like plus you can select effects like fade, pulse, strobe, etc with the controller. Then you'd be really different instead of only a single color.

Its an 04 Mobius XLV, Has two tower speakers, 6 memphis interior speakers, driver side subwoofer, perfect pass, 6 auto fill ballast bags, depth finder, heater, tandem axle trailer, and I only paid $22k cash for it. Awesome condition. Already ordered the z5 cargo rack, and im making an additional sub box to hold two twelves on the other side as well as dual batteries. Only thing else Im doing is the LED lights. I want to keep it as cheap as possible so I dont really wanna go with the RGB's. Id rather just wire up a single color all the way around on a on/off toggle switch.

Of course it's not complete until you hang the disco ball off the tower and raise the stripper pole

I also like a lively laser show as well, works nicely when jammin to Pink Floyd. I've always wondered if you could buy lasers with high enough output to fry the bugs, that'd be cool, and you could get random tatoos at the same time
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V