Default Where/how to buy AR-15 stripped lower?

And how much can you reasonably get one for nowadays?

I'd like to build an AR-15 and know that I have to start with a stripped lower, but that's about all I know. That and there are build-it videos on youtube.

Do you just go to your local gun stores and look for one, or do you have to order it?
    ===================================
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

Prices are through the roof right now due to everyone in a panic and are willing to pay 2x, sometimes 3x, of what USED to be the normal cost.

If you don't already have a Lower and/or don't already have a good connection through your local gun shop, then you will have a hard time finding almost anything that relates to the AR15/M4 world.

Just to give you a few examples.
    ARs that were bought last month for $1k are now selling on gunbroker dot com for $3k.
    AR magazines that used to sell for $15 are now going for $50-100 a piece!
    I have an order through Brownells for a 10pk of Pmags that's been on back order since Dec. 20th

If you don't already have a lower I would suggest just waiting out the storm and hope all this stuff blows over and no bans get passed. If that's the case there will be plenty of people needing to sell what they purchased during the "panic" to help pay off those credit cards they just ran up... 😎
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Not sure about the laws in your state. But the lower is the part that is registered so you may end up going through a dealer as some point even if you order it online. I am trying to be paitent and optimistic as well. I have been watching a website call armslist.com Its the guns version of craiglist. In WI all private party guns sales are legal as long as they are between WI residence and no need to go through a dealer.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by tgoody14 View Post
    Prices are through the roof right now due to everyone in a panic and are willing to pay 2x, sometimes 3x, of what USED to be the normal cost.

If you don't already have a Lower and/or don't already have a good connection through your local gun shop, then you will have a hard time finding almost anything that relates to the AR15/M4 world.

Just to give you a few examples.
    ARs that were bought last month for $1k are now selling on gunbroker dot com for $3k.
    AR magazines that used to sell for $15 are now going for $50-100 a piece!
    I have an order through Brownells for a 10pk of Pmags that's been on back order since Dec. 20th

If you don't already have a lower I would suggest just waiting out the storm and hope all this stuff blows over and no bans get passed. If that's the case there will be plenty of people needing to sell what they purchased during the "panic" to help pay off those credit cards they just ran up... ��

People are crazy... I was just at my local cabelas and they had about 8 ar15 variants. Shouldve bought them and put em on gunbrocker

Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

guys at work have said the same thing. wait it out.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Look at www.allstartactical.com

I know owner from when I was in NY. He makes a nice lower and was taking preorders on next batch of lowers at great price. I have one complete from him and a new stripped lower and upper at my ffl to pick up

Find the lower and I can get you more building resources. I have built 5 so far
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold