Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Very cool. What did you do to shape them so nicely?

Band saw for the rough shape, then some fine chisels, files, and sandpaper, oh... and some mad skills.

PWI as usual...

Here is mine (I mean our) pine wood car. We already had our derby for this year. Turned out to be an average car, won some, lost some but it was all in fun. I added wood for the fenders also, but add side skirts too. Gives the car a lower look. I wish I had better painting skills though.

There were some cars that just from watching a trial run I knew were going to be pack winners, and they were.

derby car.jpg
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Is that a "crossover" car? Looks like the VW thing. Kinda cool though.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Looks good. I thought about the extra wood to make it look lower after it was too late. Didn't want to start over.

PWI as usual...

The last one I helped with was for my son - probably 15 years ago. We made a pickup truck. Drilled some deep head lights and filled with hot solder, polished up pretty nice. Then added solder 'logs' in the bed of the truck so it looke like it was hauling a payload..

When I was a kid - my only experience with PWD was when we got the kit. I had never heard of it and the pack leader did not really explain much about it. My dad took the kit and brought to a professional artist who made the car look like an old open cockpit MG Roadster, complete with a outside hand brakes and tubular bumer, and a guy in driver seat with a steering wheel. I personally never touched the car until the day before the race. The car never finished a race - but it did win first place for style....

These days many of the cub scouts troops up here have two sets of races - the Unlimited class for the dads, and the 'kids only' class for the kids.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Bringing this back up. Its that time of year again in my area. Race is next weekend. No pics just yet will add when the car is done. Post of pics of your cars.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer