Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Visit to Earmark Marine Audio

While in Dallas last week, I stopped by Earmark Marine Audio to check out David's shop & to thank him for all the support he provides to folks on the Moomba forum. In my head, I had a picture of the small, independent audio stores that are around Atlanta that occupy a little storefront in an old strip mall. Whoops! My parents told me it's bad to assume and I sure goofed with this one.

I visitied the shop in Lewisville, TX which handles car & marine audio. Earmark also has car audio shops in Addison, TX & Plano, TX. At the Lewisville shop, there are bays for multiple autos and at another suite there is room to squeeze in 5 boats at a time for installations. A lot of cool, custom stuff such as painted cans, sub grills, cover plates, TV mounts, LED's, etc. They also have a ton of stuff for the DIY crowd such as switchplate covers.

Best thing there, beyond the people, was the sound room where you could compare speakers side-by-side that are equally powered. I'm no audiophile, but I could hear differences and picked a favorite out of the Polks, Kicker, JL Audio, Exile & Wetsounds. My favorite was the JL. It's hard to describe, but it almost felt like you were being wrapped in the sound. It seemed to completely fill the room where the others felt they were being blasted at you. But, I will say that all the brands were very impressive to me and I can see why folks struggle with their selection.

Lots of pics . . .

Ian - cheeck out these painted cans! David had seen your post and said yours "looked awesome!"

Supra install

man, atlanta must need new audio businesses if earmark is not what you are used to. we have 2 stores here, one independent and one small chain(5 stores-1 local) that look exactly like the pictures above only no selection of lighting.
    look like nice shops...

I spoke to someone there at great lengths before buying my bullets and the service was second to none. much better than the service here locally
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Setup at the Dallas Boat Show

Incredible. We have nothing like that around here. Just the stripmall places withe the Escalades parked around back.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

You pretty much quoted me in what I said to David.

He is open to mail order sales if you see anything that catches your eye.

Nope. Today I'm ready to send him all the crap I have. He can give it away.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

That is similar to the shops around here as well, except we don't have any marine specific setups. The light bar and can setup is awesome. That is a ton of display choices.

I can understand JL sounding the best, I mean its JL, however weren't you comparing hlcd to non-hlcd? Also, you took the easy way out from telling us your thoughts on the comparison of major brands

Did you take a listen to in-boat speakers also?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded