Default New Style Swim deck brackets Installed and Spider Cracks repaired

DSCN0851 (480x360).jpgDSCN0852 (480x360).jpgDSCN0856 (480x360).jpg

Have the New Style Swim deck brackets installed. Picked up last Thursday.
    My Boat repair shop(local one) did a great Job. Part of the fiberglass was FUBAR and had to be replaced. He is sending me pics of bad spots that needed refilled, but have not got them yet. On the bottom screws for bracket, the washers on the backside were right at the curve of the boat. This caused the washers to crack part of the fiberglass. It was pretty intensive repair. There are New plates on the back to support the new brackets. They did a good job on Gel coat too.
    The new allen type screws hold the deck tight. Boat repair shop had the same concern I did about the screws stayig in place. Have to see what happens.
    These brackets are instock at SC for around $200.00. Bought tem through Rinkers Boat World in Texas.
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

Looks good, and reminds me that I need to order a pair as well!

Di you replace all 4 pieces, or just the transom pieces?

Cheesedip.
    2013 Outback V

Ian, I replaced all 4 pieces. I have new pins I picked up over the weekend too, got them at swap meet. Hardware stores carry them to. You will be better off replacing all of them for a Good fit. Its pretty solid now. My old ones were kind of wallowed out. Dont think it will be as tight as new ones if you dont.
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

Rick, do you have the metal flake in your gel coat or just straight color? That second pic looks like it might have a little sparkle to it up close.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Berg, No metal flake in paint. Straight black, Looks good though! Really like the job they did on boat. He said they had like 20 some hours in boat. Told him he had to stay as close to the 500 mark that Rinkers was going to charge me. Didnt happen.Had him do some other work as well. Ended up being like 700 plus 100 for the other stuff. He told me , didnt know how they did it for 500 and only take one day. He put some time into it. I have known him for like 15 years. Plus him and his wife are going to take me up on using lake house at Grand Lake , Ok.
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

I had a machine shop make my brackets out of stainless steel.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

What did that cost you? Do you have pics?
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

Default Finally got pics of install and fiberglass work!

Moomba 018.jpgMoomba 021.jpgMoomba 016.jpgMoomba 006.jpgMoomba 005.jpg

Had to replace fiberglass in a few spots, worse than I originally thought! One picture with the bracket plate removed before repairs, you can really see the cracks. Wish SC would of helped with cost. $700.00 OUCH!!! Boat repair shop did a good job though...Thanks Barry Marine Wichita,Ks
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V