Default speedo's leaking tach n hour meter dead

Brian, I started my 99 outback ls yesterday for first time this year and the tach started jumping around and eratic as well as the speedo's as i started increasing speed, then I noticed water under dash on floor and the tach, hour meter and speedo's went dead.
    Check water source and it was from the housing where the two pick up lines join and that cover has come off/ unglued. Can i just reglue this housing?, did the rest go dead from water shorting area?or what do i need to replace? Had to idle back as water just poured out from lines. Otherwise the boat ran fine.
    I thank you for your attention to this matter

doug
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Brian Raymond Guest

Default Replying to Topic 'speedo's leaking tach n hour meter dead'

Doug, it sounds like water froze inside of your Kysor/Medallion MDC unit and split the housing. This needs to be a water tight seal. If the speedo hoses were not removed during winterization from the MDC box, water will not drain out and may freeze. Call your dealer and explain to him the situation, also, have the barcoded # that is on the front of the unit readily available. Keep us posted. Brian Raymond

Default Replying to Topic 'speedo's leaking tach n hour meter dead'

Thanks Brian, called medallian and they sent me a new mdc, took 5 mins to swap and all is working fine. have never seen in manual or told by dealer to make sure you disconnect speedo lines from mdc unit.........anyways will be regular now and maybe squirt some antifrreze in as an added safty measure to keep o rings jubricated unless you feel that may cause a problem? Medallian guys were great and thanks again Brian

Doug
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug