Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Hmmmmmm . . .

Sept 22 home game vs Florida Atlantic. Depending on start time, we could do some morning tailgating, catch the game and have some afternoon fun on the water.

Kane - I'm pleased for you and your daughter. Sounds like it was a great father/daughter trip. Most important, she's decided on a college and can focus on finishing strong this last year of high school. Man, I am jealous that you will be only six hours from campus. Still a bit of a distance, but pretty manageable when it comes to the drive for start/end of school year, football games, vacations, etc. And I hear you on the school spirit, respect, and general cleanliness of the campus. Had to chuckle when I saw the pic of her next to Coach Bear Bryant. Did the same thing when we visited a year ago. Jack's a great guy. Real down to earth. He and Mindy have gone through some real trials in the past year. Would love to see them enjoy a long season of peace. Am glad that you and your daughter got to visit them. The Mrs. and I are planning to be in Tuscaloosa March 27 for a short visit with Lewis. Hoping that she can meet them. Then we proceed to Camp Shelby in Mississippi. We are giving Jesse a ride back to base. Got to be there by March 28. Mrs. and I will be headed east across the Florida panhandle. If it works out, would like to stop to say hello on the way through Tallahassee. I'll send you a PM as the date draws closer. Thanks for the kind words about Lewis. I was worried about him not connecting, but sounds like it came together. - Deerfield
    Last edited by deerfield; 02-21-2012 at 12:17 AM.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Hmmmmmm . . .

Sept 22 home game vs Florida Atlantic. Depending on start time, we could do some morning tailgating, catch the game and have some afternoon fun on the water.
    That may be the day of the Flint River Mini-Jam, 5th Annual.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Hmmmmmm . . .

I spoke with the Mrs. We are up for this. Would drive down and back, leaving the boat at home. Would be a great weekend!
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

First Annual JMB Alabama Jama!!!!!!!!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

^^^ and a new tradition is started!
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Sound like a plan to me. I'm ready to start now. Think we would have a great time.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    I do have IBS (irratable boat syndrome) going on right now.
    funny, I think im suffering too

Sounds like a great trip. Is that lake big enough for a couple of Moombas?
    Hopefully more than a couple

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    That may be the day of the Flint River Mini-Jam, 5th Annual.
    Longest running Mini-Jam ?

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    First Annual JMB Alabama Jama!!!!!!!!
    That has a nice ring to it.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I'm about ready for a Moomba Jam anywhere right about now. I am hoping our weather is going to turn for the better in the next few weeks. Started the boat this evening as a matter of fact. Started right up and ready to go. Getting to be tornado season though. Possible storms tomorrow night.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Found these two images of and writeup (I plagiarized) on Lake Tuscaloosa.

The lake is located five miles north of the cities of Tuscaloosa and Northport. It is a 5,885-acre water supply reservoir with 177 miles of shoreline. When the reservoir was impounded by the City of Tuscaloosa in 1971, little material was left behind to serve as fish habitat. Water visibilities near the dam often exceed 20 feet. Upper reaches of the lake near Binion and Turkey Creeks are more fertile, have lower water visibilities, and are generally better areas to fish. Lake Tuscaloosa was constructed to supply domestic and industrial water for the City of Tuscaloosa. However, the lake is popular for recreation including boating, swimming, and fishing. There are public and private boat ramps located on the lake, as well as several private marinas. Public launches are located at Binion Creek (State), Rock Quarry and Sharps Landing (Municipal).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart