Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is the deal with the vinyl

Anyone else out there having any issues with the vinyl tearing or cutting really easily?......I have a new LSV with 20 hours on it and have 4 different places that there are tears in the middle of seats. kind of upsetting after forking out this much dough. My cheapo Stingray seems like it had much better vinyl than my Mobius........anyone else having this problem......thanks

Default Replying to Topic 'What is the deal with the vinyl'

I haven't had any problems. I had 4 dogs and 4 people in the boat last weekend. 2 of the dogs being 100 & 80 lbs. I was concerned, but everything was fine. I was worried about their claws, but not punctures or tears.

have an 03 lsv with 200 hours on it without a tear in any of the vinyl.

Later, Swanny
    with no skis on your feet fear is not an option

We have also not had any issues with our vinyl in our '05 LSV. We routinely take our Lab out with us with no problems. That dog is probably twice as hard on the seats as both of my kids put together. Take the boat back to your dealer and ask them to service this under warranty, if it looks like a manufactures defect Skiers Choice will make it right for you. I do know how you feel, after spending the money for a new boat you don't expect to have a single issue with it for a long time. My current issues are with my snap in carpet (poor fit & 2 snaps now out of the floor) and my wake plate gage (doesn't work). My plan is to have all of my issues resolved at my 20 hour service check. Good luck.
    Jeff
    Dearborn, MI

my 2001 mobius vinyl ripped at the seems a year after i got it even being garaged and wipped down every time. my boat still looks great everywere but the vinyl is just falling apart. i guess we have bad luck.

It may depend on what type of cleaner you are using on the vinyl, I was instructed to use nothing but 303, but have alwo tried something called Kork-Rub works great, just wipe down vinyl with water when finished. Vinyl will dry out with time

I havent used anything but the 303 on my vinyl. It must just be bad luck like stated earlier. I climbed into some other brands of boats and the vinyl/cushion was much firmer than in the Mobe. I know that this is the entry level brand for skiers choice I was just surprised at how fast I was having vinyl problems. it sounds like my problems are the exception and not the norm.

My 98 Mobius had gotten some tears but I knew the quality of the vinyl was questionable. I had some yellow stains from some type of sun tan lotion also. I had a repair shop match the vinyl perfectly and they covered the top of the rear seat and the spotters seat and I haven't had any problems since.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Anyone find a good product to fix tears or rips that hides it well and lasts?

There is a franchise here in North Carolina. They call themselves 'Dr. Vinyl'. A week after I got my '04 Outback, I ended up with a cut on the sunpad. Still not sure how it happened. Guess I cut it with a fin on the board. Funny though, it didn't seem sharp enough to do it. Anyway..........Dr. Vinyl made a house call, for 80 bucks, and did a pretty good job repairing the cut.
    Any decent boating store, even Walmart, Autozone, Advance Auto Parts, etc..has vinyl repair kits...........check those places, I'm sure you'll find what you need
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!