Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I wonder if that had more to do with the Polks than anything in your early revision. The ZX250.2 in bridged mode indicates 250 watts RMS. The 700.5 shows 210 watts x 1 channel for the sub. To me that's no real difference.

On the other hand, I'm sure the cabins would sound better with the 70 watts x 4 ch. compared to my current 35 watts x 4 ch. with the 200.4

I also have an Infinity Reference 5350a that does about 50w x 4 but only does about 150 watts for the subw. I noticed a big improvement with the sub when I switched it out and the in-boat speakers were about the same. Maybe I should just try to swap the Infinity amp for a better 4 channel one or something.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

not a bad idea. more power at that level would be better. would position yourself when you want to upgrade the cabin speakers as they get more wear on them
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

So you are now talking 4 a/b type amps? Even though the amps aren't high power amps, I'd think at some point you are going to run into efficiency issues.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

No, just 3. One for each "zone". I don't play the in-boats very loud and adding the subwoofer really helped. Last year I went to a better sub (swapped some off branded thing for a Pioneer one) and swapped out the Infinity amp and went back with the 2 Kicker amps (the 250.2 was running the tower but I got the Exile 600.4 for the tower so I bridged the 250.2 and used it for the subw). The Infinity amp is on a shelf in the garage. It's just "available" but probably headed for the daughter's Mustang now.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Ahhh, I gotcha .... I was thinking you were talking about doing 4.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

One thing i did after the eq was to add a pac lc1 to split the bow and in cabins, allowing me to turn down the bow when we turn it up without blowing there ears on the little ones.

if you dont turn it up that loud its a non issue
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Kane, on my first upgrade i kept the factory Kickers speakers, i only upgraded the amps and then added the KMT6s on the tower. The polks were actually added in November when i upgraded the sub to the L7 with a custom box. Then in Nov i hooked up with Exile to upgrade the towers, and by March we gutted the entire thing and went all Exile. So my Polks actually never saw a summer of service, just garage and beer time LOL.

You are correct the 700.5 prolly didnt make a bit of sound difference to the 10 i was running from the factory, but it did realy liven up the cabins.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Good to know-- thanks! I imagine having some more output from the cabins made a big difference at surf distance before you Exiled out the tower. Definitely something to think about.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

All you guys with AMPS laying aroung gathering dust... have yall not read my signature??? I have cash you know!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Unfortunately, I have someone around here in the amp line ahead of you.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!