Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I hate Home Depot. I can't find anything in there. It's a little closer than Lowes so I end up stopping there first. I should learn to just drive right by-- keep going. It's so much more organized and better lit at Lowes. I picked up a check valve for my front bag vent project. We'll see how that goes.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I hate Home Depot. I can't find anything in there. It's a little closer than Lowes so I end up stopping there first. I should learn to just drive right by-- keep going. It's so much more organized and better lit at Lowes. I picked up a check valve for my front bag vent project. We'll see how that goes.
    Man second that all the way! I say the exact same thing every time I stop in HD to give them another try. Always walk away frustrated.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Got 'er all fixed up, but it was raining here in central texas (not complaining!) so I didnt get to really test it out at speed. I did test in my slip though. Converted 1 inch fitting to 3/4 fitting by way of 3 parts, one a galvanised fitting. Hooked it all up, and works as planed. Flip the swith, water flows into the bag, unobstructed. Flip the valve, no water runs in bag. Much simpler now, no strainer, no solonoid. Total cost, about $25, and 2 trips to HD. What to do with the 12v wires for the solonoid down there? Cut em short an tape them up in assuming.. I can't really see or get to where they are going.
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

how bout pictures of where you installed the vented loop?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

EH... didn't put a vented loop in it but I could at any time and scrap the manual valve. I didn't do the vented loop because it was questionable weather it would work in an Outback, and I also would have had to order it... and it was more expensive... so yeah, a manual system kinda sucks, but its simple and wont fail on me. Unlike the damn solonoid that failed on me last summer on my only trip to the lake.

Manual valves are the way to go. Its the new trendy thing! Everybody's doing it! Only boats with touch screen displays use that crazy expensive technology like vented loops and reversible pumps! Crazy people!

Manual valve-- nah! Just throw the pump over the side and fill.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Kane, I did that for 8 years with my old closed bow. when the system isn't plumbed into the boat, you don't use it. (not sure if you were being funny here)
    Yeah, all the cool boats have manual valves, there retro!

People like me have to keep trying all the time to be funny every now and then. My wife agreed to get a new boat only if we didn't have to have ballast bags all over the floor and pumps and wires hanging over the side. Little did she know what she was getting into.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!