Hybrid View

Default sprinkler valve?

What is the purpose if the sprinkler valve? Is it just to prevent passive filling and empting of the bag (s)? I have a Outback (G1) and thinking of just ripping out the factory sprinkler valve in favor of.... a vented loop? Am I on the right track here? Whats the best way to convert the strainer to 3/4 inch if I just rip out the valve all together?
    08 Outback. Private Lake Owner.

In theory the sprinkler valve prevents passive filling and gives the driver control of when to fill from the helm. There are lots of guys who have gone over to vented loops. Look for samples at wakemakers.com. You can call those guys and they will tell you exactly what you need for your model/upgrade/whatever.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

While Im all about supporting wakemakers, can I get a vented loop anywhere? Can I make my own? I wanna get this done by this weekend... would it be as simple as creating a pipe fitting that just had a hole at the top of an arch?

Quote Originally Posted by usaski1 View Post
    While Im all about supporting wakemakers, can I get a vented loop anywhere? Can I make my own? I wanna get this done by this weekend... would it be as simple as creating a pipe fitting that just had a hole at the top of an arch?
    you could but it would pee water out as it fills.. if you dont mind all the extra water in your boat you could just loop the hose and poke a hole in it at the top of the loop... the whole idea is to be able to break the siphon so your bags dont empty

you may try a local boating shop as they could have one..
    Last edited by lsvboombox; 02-01-2012 at 02:24 PM.

While Im mucking around with my ballast system.. do I need that strainer? I think many have removed their strainers... And it comes after the rule pump, so I guess its not protecting the pump, just keeping junk from the solonoid, which Im going to remove, so dont need, right?

how bout pictures of where you installed the vented loop?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

EH... didn't put a vented loop in it but I could at any time and scrap the manual valve. I didn't do the vented loop because it was questionable weather it would work in an Outback, and I also would have had to order it... and it was more expensive... so yeah, a manual system kinda sucks, but its simple and wont fail on me. Unlike the damn solonoid that failed on me last summer on my only trip to the lake.