Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trailer woes

Default Trailer woes

So last summer I had my right front brake caliper seize up. This was causing the right front hub to get really hot and I was worried it would cause a problem with the wheel seal especially when being dunked. Well a couple weeks ago I noticed my left front hub was getting hot and upon further inspection I found that it also was seized up.

Today I installed a new caliper ordered from boat mate and when I took the wheel off I found my rotor to be cracked. So now I need to order a new hubbed rotor as well. I then found my right rear caliper beginning to seize and the wheel seal is leaking a small amount of grease out of the back of the hub. All the calipers that came of my trailer are very rusty and the seals are all cracked and rotted. When will it ever end?????

Tomorrow I have to tow the boat 100 miles with a cracked rotor to the dealer to get a broken swim platform bracket fixed.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

David, I saw the pic on fb last night and wondered when you might get that posted over here.

I'm not sure what to tell you as I only tow 1 or 2 times per year.

We usually don't tow more than 20 miles one way but we do take an occasional road trip. Guess I'm just going to have to bite the bullet here and spend some money.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Check out www.pacifictrailers.com for parts. Pretty sure Ll the rotors and Calipers are ufp. I had similar problems with a bassbOat trailer. Ended up replacing the tubing with the thermo bRake cables and all new calipers and rotors.

Ton of problems you been having with your trailer brother. Let us know what your dealer has to say
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

hope not, but I bet his dealer says, "MasterCard or AmEx?"

Haha, I doubt my dealer cares since I did not buy the boat through them. Probably going to just replace everything
    David

Yea i was wondering what the FB pic was about too. IDK at this point it sounds like you need to just buy all new hubs, brakes and calipers. Just replace everything on it. THen keep wats left as spares.

I wouldnt skip on my trailer repairs, something fails and its a lot more then just the trailer that will get damaged.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Yeah that's the plan mike. Just have to get the boat to the dealer tomorrow then to my house in two weeks to do the repairs. 80 mile tow tomorrow and another 30 in two weeks before it can be fixed
    David

The inside of the pistons on the calipers are majorly rusted. Makes me wonder if the previous owner dunked it in salt water
    David