Thread: Rough water?

Default Rough water?

I have the O2 mobuis d-drive and was wondering if any of you have a problem with rough water? When I am on the lake and the waves get to about 2 feet, the boat just feels like it is getting hammered. I don't go fast in these conditions but I see other boats flying through them and they don't seem to be affected. Is this due to the concave shape of the hull with little v or something else?

If this is inherant to all of these with this hull design, then no big deal, I'll just go slow. For an example, we got caught in a storm this last weekend and I didn't go faster than 20 mph as to avoid the beating I would have gotten otherwise. The people we were with had their grocery getter there and they ran off and left us speed wise. Just wondering.

Medic
    Medic151
    06 Mobius XLV

Default Replying to Topic 'Rough water?'

My '04 mobius LS pounds in the waves as well. I find putting the wakeplate down and forcing the bow down helps but doesn't get rid of the pounding. I have to slow down.

The SeaRays.Larsens, and Glastrons out there have a smoother rough water ride because of a finer entry, deeper V and easier chines which soften the inpact of the waves.
    I used to drive a 1979 Mastercraft. GREAT boat to ski behind but kidney damage in 1 foot chop.
    Our boats give us beautiful wakes in smooth to moderate conditions. I'll gladly slow down in rough water, rather than have to ski through a Sea Ray type wake at 34 -36 MPH.

Default Replying to Topic 'Rough water?'

That's why they are called "Competition Ski Boats". There not made for rough water.
    jy