Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I still kind of like the clean look - not sure on the black under the rubrail. Never considered that before. Kane you did a wrap - did I miss something?

KG- It's not the color on mine I don't like it's the stiff lines not matching the windshield or the boat at all. The tower definitely looks like an afterthought.

I've eyeballed the Samson Blade but man they are spendy... Haven't found a good profile shot to do a mockup on mine. But boy are they purdy...

I'm wondering what kind of additional support would be needed under the gunwale to do one any of those towers. I saw a Blade mounted on a brand new OBV last summer and it had already developed cracks in the gel coat around the mounts.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

posed this thought the other day, but this seems like the appropriate thread to ask...

with the single attachment point towers, would the current hull support that tower or are the manuf. doing some upgrading to the glass under the top of the hull to support the tower feet?

seems that the single point towers would add a lot of stress to an area of the hull that may not have the thickness of glass to support it and make it seem stable?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Sandm, if it's decided the glass wouldn't be strong enough, you could put backing plates on it with 1/8" or 1/4" aluminum that would support the tower. Here is a pic of an example, you would obviously have to use a bit of a larger plate to make sure you spread out the pressure.

Berg, if getting that Supra tower is cost effective in your mind, go for it, that looks fantastic.

cost effective in your mind
    Haha - its amazing what I could justify in my mind. Still have no idea what it would cost...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Berg, you can buy this tower for about $77,000 and it comes with a FREE boat & trailer.

Contact me for details.

someone buy this boat from wolf so he can take the commission and buy a camera with a focus button
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Stupid phone camera!

Here a great side profile of the Samson Blade, of that same boat you posted;

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790429

2013 Outback V

Not to rain on your parade Berg but is the Supra tower the same width as your gunel? I thought the SUpras were wider boats?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Not to rain on your parade Berg but is the Supra tower the same width as your gunel? I thought the SUpras were wider boats?
    Duct tape.
    2013 Outback V