Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Surf+ Wakesurf Platform

I was looking at the new website and they listed the Surf+ platform as an option for the new Mojo. Has anyone seen this in person? Is it supposed to be smaller or smooth on the underside? Can this be retrofitted to last years XLV? If it helps shape the wave maybe worth to add to ours.
    '05 XLV with '11 hull

Check out the mojo threads. It does have a smooth underbelly, its smaller and it can be used on the xlv.

It doesnt shape your wave
    Last edited by lsvboombox; 01-23-2012 at 11:31 AM.

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post
    It doesnt shape your wave
    I thought I posted a video? If I didn't, I can/will.

IMO, I thought it did help to improve the surf wave I that the wave formed sooner, looked cleaner and had a longer pocket. Now, I wasnt able to do back to back or side by side comparisons and the video I shot was from a Mojo so I can't compare to an LSV or OBV that I have surfed with the standard platform.

It can be used on an XLV, but may require repositioning of the mounting brackets. I know that for an 04 XLV, the brackets on the transom are set further apart.

I run close to 4k of ballast and never had a problem with my swimplatform touching the wake. If they claim that this swimplatform will shape your wake they are smoking crack. I can understand thats its smaller therefore it has less chance of touching the water.

I would like to see vid. Iu may posted but i havent located it

Correction these thoughts are related to and lsv. Maybe i am wrong for the mojo.

I would be skeptical about it shaping the wave for and x Lv as well
    Last edited by lsvboombox; 01-23-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Try here. Post #13

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....rst-Ride/page2

Sorry, on an airplane & working from iPad.

Tried to get more video yesterday but it was too cold and raining. I'll try again later this week when I get back to the ATL.

I think your correct in that it will be less of actually "shaping" the wave and more of getting the platform out of the way. I also think the smooth/filled in bottom will help. But, I've never complained about the wave when surfing behind moombadaze or kaneboats LSV's with the standard platform. And 4k in ballast!?!? I need to plan a "business" trip your way this summer! I'll bring the chips & beer.

I run about 3200 each time we surf, the platform on the Supra 24 is angled, but it still eats pretty hard into the wave. Only real way I see to eliminate the problem for us is to space the platform about 4" higher than where the brackets are.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Our XLV actually has a 2011 hull so not sure if repostioning of the brackets would be required. When we surf we usually run 4100 lbs plus people and from what i remember last summer it dig pretty deep. I would think as long as it is several inches more narrow it wouldn't put the 'lip' on the face of the wave which would be a huge benefit in my mind.
    '05 XLV with '11 hull

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I think your correct in that it will be less of actually "shaping" the wave and more of getting the platform out of the way. I also think the smooth/filled in bottom will help. But, I've never complained about the wave when surfing behind moombadaze or kaneboats LSV's with the standard platform. And 4k in ballast!?!? I need to plan a "business" trip your way this summer! I'll bring the chips & beer.
    If u ever go to berwick pa my lake is under 2 hrs awAy.