Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Very nice!

Any noticeable quality difference between the puck and a wired connection?
    Very good question!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    never got the microphone idea. last thing I really want when on a wakeboard is some a$$hat in the boat talking to me.
    Two reasons I'd like the microphone:

1) to be able to more easily instruct surfers from the drivers seat. I could talk to them while facing forward vs turning my head and screaming.

2) to more easily scream at the a$$hats that like to get too up close & personal when my children are surfing.

I REALLY like the idea of a group buy! Oh, Brian . . .

@KG; technically speaking there is absolutely a difference. Nothing is going to beat a wired cable. Make no mistake about that. Real world speaking, there is almost zero difference. Let me put it this way, in the test we did nobody... and I mean nobody could pick the wired versus Airpuck connection. What makes this device special is the ease of use and size. Its something that I could see every boat on the water using. If there is any downside to the thing, it might be that some phones eat battery faster with bluetooth active. But hey, thats what battery phone cases are for.

re: group buy. Guys remember we are 60 days out. The press info everyone read was from the CES show in Las Vegas. We can setup a group buy for Moombas. Ill contact Newty and ask how he wants to work it.

@wolf; no doubt that having a mic can be a great thing in certain situations. I've seen it come into play a lot at wakeboard camps and such. In my experience the more adult beverages consumed during the day, the more you hear the mic feeding back like crazy from the tower speakers (when people wave it around). I agree with you tho, great device to back people off that are trying to run down your kids on the water.

I've zero to say bad about the 420. It is a great high end solution. The ZLD is an Exile solution at a different price point. Hopefully that makes sense.

-Brian
    Exile Audio

Bingo............

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Is it possible to use Airpucks to send signal from one source to multiple destinations? Like could it be an alternative solution for Bump Parties, rather than running wires?

2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Is it possible to use Airpucks to send signal from one source to multiple destinations? Like could it be an alternative solution for Bump Parties, rather than running wires?

.... and if so, does the source have to be hard wired? I would think if the puck was in "transmit" mode instead of "receiver" mode it could not receive a bluetooth signal? Or maybe it can receive and transmit?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Yes, the Wetsounds WS420 EQ and the new Exile controller shouldn't even be in the same discussion because they have so little in common. Its not just a difference in a PA and mic. Each have their own distinct ideas towards functionality, features and benefits. Let both products stand alone for what they do. Enjoy both.

David
    Earmark Marine

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post

Don't see why not. Ever tried to pair your BT headset with your phone and your withing range of another BT device? Yup it pick up both especially if in pairing mode. Same theory here i'll bet with one downside, BT devices have a finite range and per the press release it's 30 feet. So in a bump party scenario as KG stated it would have to be transmitter/reciever to move the signal along beyond the 30 feet of the original transmitter i would believe. Brian?
    2007 Mobius LSV

Agh, now your beginning to see the big picture.. Yes, you can pretty easily do multiple links, but lets slow down for a moment... A lot of the BT products out on the market have horrible range before audible digital artifacting sets in. The AirPuck is solid at 30 feet which is more than enough to connect two boats. Remember, this device goes point to point. Not Point to infinitum. So to add multiple stereos to the party, you'd have to use more Pucks--one transmits, and one receives. We considered doing a receive only version but opted to just put all the features in the box so to speak. When doing setups like this, most of the time you'll be using the battery option for the additional boats.

-Brian
    Exile Audio

So to connect 2 boats, I would need 3 puck's?

2013 Outback V