Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default A little birdy showed me...

...an Exile product announcement;

Multiple Zone Audio Controller & Bluetooth AirPuck

Portland, OR - Exile Audio announced two new products aimed at mobile and marine audio aftermarkets. The Exile ZLD (zone line driver) adds independent audio control to cabin, subwoofer, and tower zones. When outfitted with the Exile AirPuck, a bluetooth device, the combination adds wireless streaming from any bluetooth enabled portable audio device.

“The products are pretty slick,” states Brian Kelsey, Exile Director. Each operates independently so consumers may integrate the AirPuck into existing systems or opt to add the full functionality of the Exile ZLD.”

Exile ZLD highlights: USA Retail: $199
    The compact design offers large knobs that are easy to use. The built-in line driver increases amplifier input voltages and supplements source player output. User controls include master volume, cabin/tower fader, EQ, subwoofer frequency adjustment, and subwoofer level adjustment. The auxiliary input accepts portable source input connections.

Exile AirPuck highlights: USA Retail: $89
    This Bluetooth device can transmit and receive, while providing a mini USB charger and 3.5mm audio connections. These features make the device the most versatile of its kind. In receiving mode, the AirPuck eliminates audio cables and puts the music in the hands of anyone in the boat. Powered by an 8 hour, rechargeable Lithium Ion battery, the AirPuck magnetically mounts in any location and acts as a 30 foot wireless audio connection that easily syncs to any Bluetooth enabled streaming device. In transmit mode, the AirPuck has endless possibilities for marine audio boat to boat linkups. With micro USB charging the AirPuck is truly portable allowing users to utilize it in home audio applications such as wireless audio transmitting to remote subwoofers, or providing room to room audio streaming. For mobile applications the AirPuck makes it easy to add wireless audio streaming to any auxiliary input equipment audio system.

I know that I'll definately be picking up the the AirPuck, that sounds like a killer little gadget!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

Word, that little birdie left Texas at about 10am this morning. He flies fast.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I had my hand on the Rev 1 of the Zone controller back in July. I recently herd about the puck. Nice they went public finally. This is one of the many upgrades Fierah is getting in the Stereo gut this spring.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Is the ZLD driver meant to compete with the WS420? If so looks like the only thing the ZLD doesn't have is the microphone.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Nice setup Brian. Hmm ... Might need some more exile gear.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Yeah the LSV will be sporting one of these this season! Might just pull the head unit and put this in it's place, I only play ipod anyway.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Is the ZLD driver meant to compete with the WS420? If so looks like the only thing the ZLD doesn't have is the microphone.
    Yes and Yes.

Wish i could share the current build plans for the boat but almost all the stuff going on the boat is in final stage of Development. I can tell you what i have seen is very impressive.

Of course i havnt been disapointed in anything out of the Exile shop yet. Scratch my head sometimes and wonder seriously? But always impressed lol.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Hi guys -

We are pretty excited about these products as well. We still got 60 days or so before they start hitting the streets. The AirPuck is the coolest little device we've ever had the pleasure of developing because its applications far out reach the boat. My 8 year old daughter sync'd her Itouch to the family room AV receiver and showed us all how to rock out with Taylor swift last night. I think the AirPuck will basically eliminate the awkward cables everyone has dangling around the face of their decks. And if you have a friend on the water, its pretty easy to use two of the pucks and transmit on 1 on one and receive on the other. Presto! Instant 8 hour party!

@ viking; The ZLD will compete in that market but we have no interest in adding a microphone feature to it. The ZLD is a 3 zone controller. The subwoofer operates independently from the cabin levels. And the sub control has a trick frequency adjustment. It is not designed to be a super duper EQ.... After tuning over 100 boats on the water this year its very clear to me that to much tone control is simply a bad idea for most people. Raise your hands now, if your kids make smiley face curves on your current setups...

Anyway, thats the 411. Hit me up if you have questions. Have a great weekend everyone!

-Brian
    Exile Audio

I like the zone controller. never got the microphone idea. last thing I really want when on a wakeboard is some a$$hat in the boat talking to me..
    price is right too.....

how about a moomba group buy

would be real nice when designing these things if they created 2 units- one with rca inputs and one with short rca cables to patch into a hu. sucks buying a new toy like that and having to shell out more for 1-3ft rca leads....

nice work brian, and for the record, I used to make smilies on my dad's old technics eq
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Very nice!

Any noticeable quality difference between the puck and a wired connection?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded