Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Times are changing Mike and a high school diploma isn't what it once was. I'll side SOMEHWAT with rd on this one. there are schools online/charter schools that are offering much better educations than what you can get at a public school. heck, I know some homeschooled kids that know a whole lot more than 99% of those in the public sector.
    my company looks for college degrees or relavent experience when seeking salaried people. I can guarantee that I know 100% more in my 25 years with this company in running a big box retail store/logistics/distribution than some 25y.o. kid out of college. sure, he's probably a lot more versed in english/literature/calculus and in some jobs, those do matter, but not every career out there needs schooling. heck, let me shadow you for 2 years as your intern and I bet I pick up on the job just as well as a guy that has a 4yr engineering degree. back in the day, that's how you learned. lot to be said for that.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    Times are changing Mike and a high school diploma isn't what it once was. I'll side SOMEHWAT with rd on this one. there are schools online/charter schools that are offering much better educations than what you can get at a public school. heck, I know some homeschooled kids that know a whole lot more than 99% of those in the public sector.
    my company looks for college degrees or relavent experience when seeking salaried people. I can guarantee that I know 100% more in my 25 years with this company in running a big box retail store/logistics/distribution than some 25y.o. kid out of college. sure, he's probably a lot more versed in english/literature/calculus and in some jobs, those do matter, but not every career out there needs schooling. heck, let me shadow you for 2 years as your intern and I bet I pick up on the job just as well as a guy that has a 4yr engineering degree. back in the day, that's how you learned. lot to be said for that.
    I agree with you completly, i wish HS education was taken more seriously, and was pushed to be a lot better. Yea if you shadowed me for couple years prolly less you could do my exact job, but when it comes to troubleshooting thats when the real education begins. I hate teaching people how to troubleshoot problems because it always goes back to the basic operation of electrical motors, gears, valves, stuff you learn in electrical field schooling.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I have a couple of them but I think everybody ought to be able to get what they can get -- degree or not. There's no automatics in this free society. I'm actually glad that in many fields they understand that experience counts for something. For a sales job, would you rather hire a kid with a liberal arts education or a guy that maybe served in the military and worked for 10 years?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

^depends on which one can lay on the bs deeper....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I make them sell me on why they would be best. Or give them something crazy and tell them to make me want to buy it
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I hope you pick the military seein's how I did 20 yrs. Would hope it would account for something
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

I got much love for the military, i really do. My pop was 20 years, my Grandpa was X Military, i spent 12 yrs in military academy growing up. I guess my main thing is with this all is i dont care where your from, who you are, there are certain jobs that require experience in that field, or a degree.

I will say its irks me to no end to see X military people who dont even goto college, since the military pays for it. Every x military person that didnt do 20 should be getting a degree.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

So how's the gas prices looking in everyone's neck of the woods!!
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    So how's the gas prices looking in everyone's neck of the woods!!
    Who cares, bring on the heat and ill pay whatever it cost!!!!!!!!

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

GAS - I don't need no stinking GAS.
    Diesel is below $4/gal so I'm happy Oh wait............boat take premium. I'll check in MAY!!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet