Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

"Domestic crude oil production is higher now under President Obama than when President Bush left office."

"Oil and gas activity is back to pre-recession levels and actually nearing a 20-year high. In fact, there are more active drill rigs in the United States than all other countries combined."

"The Wall Street Journal reported that energy jobs are at a 20-year high and that industry is actually worried about a shortage of skilled workers."

I don't want to get any type of political battle started here but I just wanted to share some factual tidbits on the topic. I don't bring these up in support of Obama. I bring these up because one of my biggest pet peeves with our country's situation is the media and it being controlled by outside influence. They have way more to do with what people believe than people would admit. Just check out each of the news coverages after a big event. The following day, I bet you can tell who watched fox news!

And to top it off, Nancy Grace was on the TV this morning when I was leaving. SMH.

EDIT: Yes, I'm sure you can find sources that discredit the quotes, which goes back to my point, there is little to no credible source these days.
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 01-30-2012 at 06:07 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

The media sucks $SS

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Gas prices suck to. Little jump over night, paid 3.45 this am for low grade (87). I know that cheap compare to some places but high for this time of year near my casa
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

It's weird oil prices went down yesterday but gas went up like 10-15 cents throughout the day.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

It's always very quick to go up at the pump in response to middle east issues even though its price was set long ago. Then it sure takes a while to go back down.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post

"Domestic crude oil production is higher now under President Obama than when President Bush left office."

"Oil and gas activity is back to pre-recession levels and actually nearing a 20-year high. In fact, there are more active drill rigs in the United States than all other countries combined."

"The Wall Street Journal reported that energy jobs are at a 20-year high and that industry is actually worried about a shortage of skilled workers."

I don't want to get any type of political battle started here but I just wanted to share some factual tidbits on the topic. I don't bring these up in support of Obama. I bring these up because one of my biggest pet peeves with our country's situation is the media and it being controlled by outside influence. They have way more to do with what people believe than people would admit. Just check out each of the news coverages after a big event. The following day, I bet you can tell who watched fox news!

And to top it off, Nancy Grace was on the TV this morning when I was leaving. SMH.

EDIT: Yes, I'm sure you can find sources that discredit the quotes, which goes back to my point, there is little to no credible source these days.
    when bush left office oil was about 30 bucks a barrel, non of the oil companies could afford to do anything thus they slowed production down. I remember buying gas in the dec of 2008 that was 1.24 a gallon.

There has been a HUGE spike in NG activity all over north america due to new fracking technology making gas that was once out of reach now easily available. Hopefully the politicians will see the benefit of this and incorporate it into a new energy policy.

Right now tensions with IRAN are driving prices up. as soon as something gets figured out over there the prices should go down, we currently have a surplus so there is not a shortage as we are still in recovery mode from the recession.

the energy industry is one of the few where a high school graduate can work themselves up to 200k+ by retirement but even it is being infiltrated by the "need a degree" mentality that pollutes the rest of the country.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    when bush left office oil was about 30 bucks a barrel, non of the oil companies could afford to do anything thus they slowed production down. I remember buying gas in the dec of 2008 that was 1.24 a gallon.

There has been a HUGE spike in NG activity all over north america due to new fracking technology making gas that was once out of reach now easily available. Hopefully the politicians will see the benefit of this and incorporate it into a new energy policy.

Right now tensions with IRAN are driving prices up. as soon as something gets figured out over there the prices should go down, we currently have a surplus so there is not a shortage as we are still in recovery mode from the recession.

the energy industry is one of the few where a high school graduate can work themselves up to 200k+ by retirement but even it is being infiltrated by the "need a degree" mentality that pollutes the rest of the country.
    Wow 1.24 a gallon, i havnt seen those prices since i was out of highschool, and that was when you were prolly just starting school. Back in 91 that is.

Second the whole Mentality that you <Need a Degree> is something that should be inforced much more IMO. Back in the day a HS Dip meant something, now all it means is you lasted 12 years in school to get one. You can almost order a GED online now and dont even have to prove you were the one taking the tests.

I think any job above minimum wage should require a degree of some sort. This way it doesnt keep encouraging the youth to drop out of school early and get into trouble and or live off there folks. I think prices for degrees is way out of control, and all these shady schools charging 20K for a cracker box degree is stupid.

But i can speak first hand working for Intel <with an electrical engineering degree> i see tons of people espically from the Military, not knocking them just stating what i see, that shouldnt be hired because they dont have a degree. They know nothing about nothing but military stuff, yet they walk into Intel with the same credits as i spend many years earning and get paid the same as me.

I know lots of people are very smart, very worthy, and such with out degrees, but this is also one of the reason our country's education system is so crapy, and contributes to why teachers get paid so little, because everyone knows you can drop out of HS get a Online GED and goto College just the same.

I think if you drop out of HS and get a GED you should be able to persure higher education just the same but i think empoyers need to punish you a bit. Such as people with a real HS and Degree get paid more then a GED and Degree. Your HS Dip shows you stuck with it, did it the right way.

Ok ill stop now before i rant on, i got a whole slew of stuff to say but Wolfman would be busy editing my post.
    Last edited by mmandley; 02-03-2012 at 11:03 AM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I couldn't disagree more. Maybe it is because I do not have any type of degree.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. Maybe it is because I do not have any type of degree.
    I understand and im not surprised you wouldnt agree with me on this. Yet this is why i dont bring this stuff up on the forum, at the end of the day i dont care what education you have, i care that we are friends. When it comes to buisness, and such thats when i care. I care at the fact in my line of work you are required to have a degree, but if you spent 4 years in the military fueling a jet on a air craft carrier, you get hired for the same job at the same pay and dont know squat about what i know.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I feel ya, I think in lieu of a degree, experience in the related field should be equally important. You are right in regards to what you are dealing with, that's bs.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold