Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I'm with a few of the others on here. I made the mistake with my first boat not doing a ton of research first in what I really wanted to do with it. love the boat and the surfwave is better than a lot of boats, but if I had it to do over.......

I keep looking at the back of the mojo seeing the flat rear bottom and not the deep "v" that makes the supreme/enzo what they are and wonder..... hope there are pics soon of a weighted boat with more than the factory ballast and a review from an "unbiased" source..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Uh, I think they know a little bit about how to make a boat at SC. Look at the surf wave on the LSV and the NG OBV. I wouldn't be too worried. In fact I'd have "NO WORRIES".
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thunderman, welcome, my apologies as well, cant wake to see pics of that MOJO..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Uh, I think they know a little bit about how to make a boat at SC. Look at the surf wave on the LSV and the NG OBV. I wouldn't be too worried. In fact I'd have "NO WORRIES".
    skiers makes a great boat, no question. I am glad every weekend mine fires up with never an issue..
    I have heard that the mojo is being billed as a surf boat. have not seen any "real" feedback yet. the lsv/obv make good surf waves, but to compare them to the supreme/tige/enzo surf boats is a no-comparison. that hull does look like it would make a great board wake tho.

Congrats on the new boat!! Are you coming from another boat or is this your first one?

I'm sure its already been said but we need PICS!!!

Also, welcome to the forum!
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I'm not sure where the concensus came from that a surf boat needs a flat rear? Some of the best surf waves i've seen come from hulls with a continuous or semi v all the way to the rear. A couple that come to mind; the Centurion Avalanche throws a massive wave, certain Nautique models for sure, Tigé RZ2, 22ve & 24ve. There's more i'm sure.

Oh yeah, congrats on the new boat!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Maybe boat shows & dealers work differently in different parts of the country, but in Atlanta, Thunderman put a deposit on a Mojo. That means he gets to drive the boat before buying the boat. I'm hoping he asks me to come along!

As far as hull design and size of wave, it's a fairly simple engineering formula of displacement which is simply Mass divided by the delta between final volume and initial volume. The Mojo is big and has a big ole' back end like Dusty's Momma. I'd guess it's as tall as the Malibu 247 (and, yes, I have logged quite a few hours behind one. Both a 2007 & a 2011). Weighted fully, this will lead to a lot of displacement and a large wave.

The key will be if the hull provides a well-shaped wave. From the pics I took with the stock 500 lbs of ballast & the surf platform, it is a very long and clean looking wave.

As for the elusive picture proof of a surf wave, I challenge you to find one officially posted by any manufacturer on their sites that states they have loaded the boat with more than stock ballast. The 'bu MXZ is a new model and folks were compelled to plunk down twice as much for those without the proof you all seem to want to have. Anybody ever bought a sports car b/c it can do 0-60 in under 5 sec or a top end of 175 mph? Did you actually try driving it like that on the test drive?
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 01-17-2012 at 03:26 PM.

I hope that you are along and we get to see some pics of the boat loaded like it will be in real life.. from a build quality and reliability standpoint, he picked a boat from one of the best brands out there based on my experience (not to mention making all of us jealous that would like a new boat)..
    the surf boats with the deep "v" seem to list better than one with a flat back, leading to a longer wave with more push in the pocket. that will be the true test to the mojo. any boat can get a tall wave with weight..
    I agree that a manuf. would be crazy to load up a boat over cap(legal issues) but seems that there are ways around that, like tige inviting ragboy down to run the rz3 through it's paces before it was released and the subsequent blogs written. in the ever-growing world of social media and the internet, having skiers give a boat to a proven dealer early and letting them run it though real-world scenarios documented would have done wonders to build the hype of that boat(not to mention making it easier to sell)..

off track and fwiw, my first drive in an evo before I bought one had me going almost 100 through an industrial area that has a nice tight track feel on a saturday morning at 8:30am tested that cars cornering ability, stopping distance, 2step rev limiter when launching and the no-lift-shift feature.. best test drive ever, although I did feel sorry for whomever bought that car new..

Who would that be? Don't say Axis

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Congrats on your purchase but I'll agree with mmandley about buying a boat not knowing what it's capable of (believe me, I've made the same mistake in the past). SC has not done a good job of showcasing the Mojo as it's "surf boat" as evident with the demo video that showed no surfing. We've seen one or two pics of a stock surf wake with 5 adults on surf side. Until someone posts a video of someone surfing a slammed Mojo (2500-3000lbs of ballast/people) a lot of us will remain skeptical. I think the Mojo will make a nice and clean surf wake but I don't see it making a wake with a lot of push like the deeper v-hulls of the Enzos, Supremes, or MB's. Although, Tige's hulls are not deep-v, they're doing something right with the hull design as well as Malibu in the 247. Once again, congrats and if you can, once you've done the break-in of the motor, post up a video or two of both sides of the surf wake with some real ballast in the boat. FYI - you don't have to spend $80-$100k for an awesome surf wake. There's another manufacturer putting out awesome huge surf and wakeboard wakes in boats selling in $50k-$65k loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderman View Post
    Who would that be? Don't say Axis
    No, definitely not Axis...It sure sparked my interest though and I'm probably going there when the time comes later this year...makes Axis look like a plastic Kia. I wouldn't take an Axis if you gave it to me...well I probably would and then trade it in on a Supra...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by E4NASH; 01-17-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...