Default 2001 Outback Fuel Tank

I was told that the Outback fuel tank was plastic and was located under the floor of the boat. While replacing my fuel check valve on my 01 I noticed my tank was metal and it sat behind the false wall under the seat??? What gives???

I was considering putting a fat sack in the trunk?

Jeff

Default Replying to Topic '2001 Outback Fuel Tank'

Are you going to believe what you were told or your lying eyes?

My 05 manual shows the V drive tank under the seat and the DD tank way in the back.

SD2
    Naked red and white 2005 Moomba LSV
    Teaching my kids to Ride, Shoot Strait and Tell the Truth

I know what you're saying. Maybe the person that was talking about the 01 with the plastic tank under the floor had an LS. Mine is a non LS and the tank is absolutely not plastic and it's right behind the false wall.

She ran like a scalded dog tonight. I think the fuel issue is solved.

BUT............................now I found two more issues. The dash is shorting out and making the gauges bounce and motor cut off......anytime you push against the dash. Gotta pull it apart and see where it's grounding out.

AND the shaft is leaking like the Titanic. Time to check the packing. Easy fix at least.

I hope this weekend goes ok with nothing to worry about except not faceplanting on the wakeboard and making sure the beers stay cold.

It rained a little last weekend. I would have sworn my boat had a leak but my Lund docked next to it also pumped a lot of water. The first night at the dock I woke up twice to check on the boat. Each morning I would rock the boat, watch the bilge and think of that guy in Canada that parked his 05 boat on a quiet little dock and left for six weeks.

I read that on some older boats the short could be in the box mounted under the dash. The bouncing around worked the box and some components lose. One guy pried it open, cleaned it up, tightened it up (he may have soldered some components) and it worked fine. I believe the boxes are expensive. FYI if you do not find a nice bare wire someplace.

SD2

Attached is a picture of my two boats at the dock. I miss the lake already.

I would worry about leaving my boat for 6 minutes, nevermind 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!! I took a look under the dash and the board that all the switches are mounted to is rubbing the dash. I am going to try and clean it up and epoxy some rubber spacers or something to keep it from happening..........

Sweet boat. Is it the LSV? We are going to get a V-Drive next season. I am going to look at the Malibu VLX, Correct Craft Super Sport, or a Mobius LSV. Probably something with under 200 hrs or so................

Jeff

Yep Mobius LSV. In a world where more & more boats are being built to be SUVs, this one is still a sports car. It is a hoot to drive. I just broke 10 hours over the weekend so I am by no means an expert - but I really like it.

SD2.