Default WTB- JL 'sub' amp

Have the JL Audio 6 channel amp currently installed running 5 channels (4 to JL 7.7 components and the 5th channel bridged to 1 10" JL sub). Wanting to add some 6.5 coaxials in the bow, so I'll need all 6 channels to do this clean. Looking for a mono or 2 channel JL amp to run 1 10" sub. The sub is 'free air' installed under the observers seat so I don't need a ton of watts to make this work. Ideally a 200 watt mono...
    Post or send me what you've got.
    Thanks in advance -
    Chris
    [email protected]

BTW - I need the coaxial 6.5s also. So, if anyone has any classic grill JL 6.5 coaxials they're not using, let me know.

If you have the MX series IB10 then 200 watts is about right. But if you have the M series IB10 it could use more power. About 300 watts from an unregulated amplifier or 250 watts from a regulated amplifier.
    The JL Audio JX500/1D Class D monoblock would fit the M series IB10 perfectly with 300 watts @ 4-ohms.
    In conjunction with a national JL Audio amplifier sale, Odin with Earmark Marine has all amplifiers at 15% off. Plus you can get a good zone discount to include the JL MX650s.
    I sure like the sound of a six channel amplifier driving six in-boat coaxial speakers in the discrete mode. Super clean, lots of headroom and graceful clipping.

I have the MX series. It suited my need perfectly with the 6 channel bridged to 5. That's why I don't need a ton of watts. The sub performs quite well utilizing the observers seat storage area as its 'home'. This is a more of a stealth install in an older 'classic' DD. I will take a look at the site for the additional coaxials I'm seeking for the bow. I'd love to put some matching 7.7 components up front like what's in the rest of the boat, but for my teens ears up front I think the coaxials will be OK.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Thanks all - clrussell on Mastercraft Teamtalk has an option that I moved forward with. It seems for now the search is over. Again thanks all!
    -Chris

Run all 4 tthe cabins on one channel and 2 , 2 ohms bow on 3 and 4 at 4 ohms and sub bridged to 5 &6

I did this in my obv , sounded great. Not complaints.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Run all 4 tthe cabins on one channel and 2 , 2 ohms bow on 3 and 4 at 4 ohms and sub bridged to 5 &6

I did this in my obv , sounded great. Not complaints.
    Typically yes. But with four JL M series 770s in the cockpit, they need more power. A dedicated channel to each speaker is really the right call in this case.

Thanks for validation David Analog. That was my thoughts / design exactly. I was very impressed how the 7.7 components performed on their own before I had the sub in place.

Quote Originally Posted by ckracing View Post
    Thanks for validation David Analog. That was my thoughts / design exactly. I was very impressed how the 7.7 components performed on their own before I had the sub in place.
    No doubt. The JL Audio M-series coaxials & components plus the MX650 coaxials are by heads and shoulders the most musically accurate speakers you can put in a boat.