Default Brake Bleeding PELA 6000

I know there is a brake bleeding procedure for the trailer in which you use a screw driver to go up into a hole on the coupler to pry back on the piston to apply pressure on the brakes to get the air out.

I have a PELA 6000 and was wondering if I could use it as a vacuum bleeder by finding a hose to fit over the bleed nipple on the caliper and just sucking the air out and fluid through. Have anyone tried this?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I tried using a vacuum system to bleed the brakes and it didn't do very well for me. Now I am not the expert on this but I ended up using my truck to bleed the brakes by working the coupler. Took about an hour but it worked great!
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    I tried using a vacuum system to bleed the brakes and it didn't do very well for me. Now I am not the expert on this but I ended up using my truck to bleed the brakes by working the coupler. Took about an hour but it worked great!
    well there is a small hole on the bottom of the coupler where you can fit a screw driver in and use that to work the cylinder for bleeding purposes, this is actually the proper procedure by boat mate but its a pain in the ass. what kind of vacuum system did you use?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

A mityvac works the best. Buy one at Harbor Freight, then go to home depot and buy a tapered rubber plug. Drill a hole through it and insert the mityvac adapter/hose into it. Put the plug into the master cyl hole, put the other end on the pressure outlet of the mityvac. Put a hose on the bleed valve on the caliper and place it in a jar with brake fluid. Pump it a few times and crack the valve for a second or two. Gotta watch the fluid as it doesn't hold a lot of fluid. I can do both in ten minutes or so.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    A mityvac works the best. Buy one at Harbor Freight, then go to home depot and buy a tapered rubber plug. Drill a hole through it and insert the mityvac adapter/hose into it. Put the plug into the master cyl hole, put the other end on the pressure outlet of the mityvac. Put a hose on the bleed valve on the caliper and place it in a jar with brake fluid. Pump it a few times and crack the valve for a second or two. Gotta watch the fluid as it doesn't hold a lot of fluid. I can do both in ten minutes or so.
    yeah, i think im going to try to rig up the pela since i already own it. trying to avoid buying something new
    David

David, did the Pela work for you?

Garn
    Garn
    2007 Mobius LS (Direct Drive)

I also use a mighty vac setup. There is a mighty vac brake bleeding kit you can purchase

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv