Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Tigers

We are all losers for having to watch a rematch of a regular season game. There is NEVER a reason to have a rematch national title game. As every game is important in the college game, having a rematch lessens the games that other teams have played.
    I'm not really a fan of any of the top 6 teams this year. LSU should have been playing OSU or Stanford this year. Boise State should have been playing in a BCS bowl game.

What made last night's game bad is that is was just a terrible game to watch, just like the first game.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    Boise State should have been playing in a BCS bowl game.
    you sure that you want to say that looking at the teams that they did beat this year?? give them a worthy schedule and I bet you will see much more losses and a change of opinion
    prediction: 9-3 next year..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I'm tired of hearing, "well, they beat Georgia". Let Boise play an SEC schedule and see how they do. Look what a crappy FL team did to Ohio State. Still, a rematch is no fun. ONce a team is beaten (especially in their home stadium) by an undefeated team they should be out of contention and somebody else should get a shot.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

said the same thing kane, and the rebuttal I get is that bsu doesn't have the money to compete with an sec team. they always say "give me the same $$ as bama and we will destroy them"

the story this year is that now they are in the big east, they will dominate and be worthy of a shot at the title..

sorry, trying to control my laughter....

OSU, Oregon, Stanford.... they don't play a SEC schedule, but you aren't complaining about them. Open your eyes and see what Boise State has done for the last 5-10yrs. It hard to have that good of a record, no matter what schedule you play.
    Since you want to bash BSU, why not ask why your school hasn't taken the BSU challange: to play any team, at any location, without a payback game (having to play BSU at their home in another season). Vir Tech and Ga took it and got beat. This season, they lost to TCU (I guess you don't like them either) and they lost due to 2 missed field goals at the end of the game and OT. Take a look at BSU's wins at non conference, big named schools; you may be shocked to see how good they really are. 2 BCS Bowl games, with 2 wins.

My main point is that BSU deseved a bowl game during Bowl Week, not Dec 22.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

it's easy to critique a team from 2500 miles away and not have to listen to the fans go on and on and on and on about how they get shafted every year.

my real take on the school: they have done a fantastic job over the last 10 years building a solid program and each succesive coach has built on the last(coach pete is a great guy and full of ethics, although not worth 12mil over 5 years). they are successful at what they do FOR THE SCHEDULE THEY PLAY. ask ANY fan out here in Boise and they will tell you that bsu should have been at the game last night. hearing that for years and watching them play a strength of schedule that isn't in the top 25(heck not sure it's in the top 50) gets real old and makes it tough to wish them the best. they are leaving a very weak conference and if they perform just as solid in the big east, then I see a different tune, but when the point spread for almost every game they play is over 30pts, that says something..

I don't follow any of the other teams you list, so I have no opinion of them, and to be honest, I think the bcs and bowl programs in general are an absolute joke lining the pockets of the few. as they say on tv, the fleecing of america

get rid of the bcs and go to a true playoff system and then let the chips fall where they may.
    won't ever happen tho imo as there's too much money at stake in the southern schools..

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    ask ANY fan out here in Boise and they will tell you that bsu should have been at the game last night.

it's the same story everywhere, come to Texas or Oklahoma and everyone thinks OSU should have played last night.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Well, I'm in the middle of SEC/ACC territory and from the Big10 zone and I think OSU should have been there too.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

As a USF Bulls Alumi, I don't think the Big East is a much better conference.

OSU should have played LSU last night, it didn't really much thought for many to know that it was the "right" thing.

BCS is fine, it just needs tweaking. The BCS rankings should only come out after the last game is played. No one knows what "strength of schedule" is until the teams have their final records. Just ask Oregon about that this year. LSU didn't start the season ranked very high. And, enough of Notre Dame rules. Sorry, join a conference and share your TV money. You don't deserve to be on TV every week and still have a lousy record every year. Bowl games should be awarded to the top ranked schools, regardless of conference. Teams should have to have a min of 7 wins in an 11 game season, or 8 in a 12 game to go bowling. I know every school makes money, but that "Go Daddy Bowl" on Sunday with SMU and Northern Arkansas???? Really??? In Jan?????
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

bcs is severely broken and just a bunch of guys out to make money. I'm sure you have read about the perks of the fiesta bowl and what a joke the charitable contributions are when compared to the revenue. tell me that is not going on with the other bowls as well.

eliminate it all and go to a ncaa-sponsored march madness event and take bcs out of the picture entirely. put more revenue back into the schools to keep them from being a drain on our local/state govt's and quit lining the pockets of the few. I'm sure that the tv rights will still be worth the same irregardless of who is selling them(bcs vs ncaa).
    the problem with this is that it has the potential to pull cash out of the sec/acc and the schools will not let that happen.