Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pawn Shops

Hybrid View

Default Pawn Shops

Saw a post about purchasing at pawn shops. Never done it myself, but what is the best thing or best deal you've gotten at a pawn shop?

don't typically shop at them. have been in a couple off and on and seems that craigslist usually has what I'm in the market for and for a better price.
    something a little more reassuring when buying used things to meet the owner of said merchandise for sale.

the ones in our neck of the woods specialize in 4 things: guns(don't own and don't collect), dvd/vhs/cd's, jewelry(I don't ever want to have a story of a piece of jewelry for a gf/wife traced back to a pawn shop) and tools. I prefer to buy tools new.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Buddy of mine's dad owns and runs a pawn shop - has for a few decades. His merchandise varies widely - but every time I've been there the deals don't seem any better than CL. However, he seems to have a bit of everything when it comes to tools, guns, etc. If you're in a pinch looking for something used and fast then it may be a better route than scouring CL.

Nice thing is we can sometimes "borrow" gear from the store when needed - ranging from pressure washers and tools to a quad!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Got my kenwood 10 disc cd changer back after it was ripped fom my new Honda about 20 yrs ago. Otherwise I dont shop there.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

never been in one
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I always find myself watching Pawn Stars .... that's all I got.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

bought a shot gun in one once, dont feel like i got a very good deal though
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Was doing a fundraiser for a local non-profit in downtown Billings last summer. The executor said that if anything goes missing (and it always does), the local police just go across the street to the pawn shop and most of the time it's in there. Amazing to me that most thieves are so idiotic that they don't even drive to the other end of town to hock stuff!! I guess when you need cash, you need it NOW. And probably on foot............

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

There are 2 pawn shops in the local area. One local owned and the other is Pawn America. I've been in Pawn America. Only bought a DVD. Prices dont seem good, okay at best. For slightly more I could buy new, especially off internet purchases, or off craigslist. Interesting to see some of the stuff though.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

that seems to be a business model that craigslist could make obsolete since you can sell anything on there and if it's priced right, will be gone quicker than you could drive to a pawn shop and sell. guess that's why all of them around here have started loaning on car titles. talk about a 200% interest scam...

been seeing a lot of ads for a company call tronixcountry lately as well. pull them up and look at the deals on tv's/pc's. 50" plasma plus a cheap laptop for $2100 after you pay all the fees and interest...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten