Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pawn Shops

I like looking around when I'm in one, have bought plenty of guns from them, including my sweet pre ban AR-15. As far as sporting goods go....good luck
    07 Outback, PP, Heaters, Custom 1/2 wrap, SeaDeK platform cover, Upgraded Stereo, Bimini, Apperance package

"Hi, How you Doin?"

You've seen nothing until you've been in a pawn in either Reno or Las Vegas! They are huge and everything under the sun is in them. It's amazing what people will pawn when they bust at the tables!
    2007 Mobius LSV

noted on the to-do list when I get to vegas this spring
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I'll have to reemmber that whenever I end up in Vegas again... Good call! Lol.

I've been in a couple...I think i boiught something once, and it was OK...You just never know what you're going to get. I like eBay...at least there if it doesn't work you've got a pretty good chance of getting your money back. I've only gotten hosed on eBay a couple of times, but it was unfortunatly on my bigger purchases, 1 of which was a set of 19" wheels for my bimmer...Got hosed BIG TIME on those I've gotta learn i can't always be the nice guy and have to put the screws to people sometimes...
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

true Ebay works most of the time and does give you some safety. I also got hosed for a KTM dirt bike for my kid, in that it never came and I never got my money back, sucks
    07 Outback, PP, Heaters, Custom 1/2 wrap, SeaDeK platform cover, Upgraded Stereo, Bimini, Apperance package

"Hi, How you Doin?"

Quote Originally Posted by sled - 1 View Post
    true Ebay works most of the time and does give you some safety. I also got hosed for a KTM dirt bike for my kid, in that it never came and I never got my money back, sucks
    That is really surprising to hear. I tried buying some wakeboard bindings on eBay and never received them. Opened up a case with eBay, they require a grace period to let you and the seller work things out. After that, they took care of me and refunded me the full amount.
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V
    Monster Tower MT2 - 750 rears, GG 1180 center - PP Wakeboard Edition

Yeah it was a few years ago, tried working with the guy but then I think I waited to long to file the claim, can't really remember but I know I never got the bike

"Hi, How you Doin?"

My dad actually "bought" a Moomba LSV the year before I bought my boat. Turns out it was a fake ebay and paypal setup and he got HOSED. He did some things he shouldn't have done and there were some red flags he missed but still sucks none-the-less. Never saw the money again.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

lesson on ebay:
    ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS pay with credit card and never with debit or checking acct. 99% of credit cards will give you your money back and do the fighting for you once you file the initial dispute. I have been burned 3x on ebay. 2x with credit card and received the cash back on my acct. in under 2 weeks. 1st time was with a checking acct. out that money. if they are scamming and pull the cash out of the paypal acct, ebay/paypal claim they will help you, but they can/will only give you back what you lost if it's still in their acct. no cash left, you might win the dispute, but you won't see any refund..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I've got something like 130+ ebay transactions and never had a bad one yet, but then I do research their feedback and if they have less than 100 feednacks or less than 98% satisfaction I don't buy from them period. I also only use PayPal to pay and have never had issues. I did have one gomer whom after winning and recieving an iphone i sold on ebay tried to scam me saying he never got it. One email telling him I had a delivery reciept and i never heard from him again lol!
    2007 Mobius LSV